MediaPortal 2 Schedules Direct Plugin (1 Viewer)

wayloncovil

Portal Member
August 19, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
All,

I'm running the current version of MP2 and I'm hoping to get Schedules Direct working with it so I can have some guide data.

I downloaded Breese's zip file and followed his instructions. (Newest .zip file can be found here.) [I've enhanced them a bit (below) so you know exactly what I did.]
Stop the "MediaPortal 2 Server Service"
Unpack the Zip file.
From the Zip file, copy the following files
SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.dll
TvdbLib.dll​
into the following directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins
Start the "MediaPortal 2 Server Service"

From the start menu, open "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration"
In the Plugins section, check the box next to the "Schedules Direct EPG Client".
There will now be a plus sign on the Plugins section. Click the plus sign.
You will now see "SchedulesDirect EPG Client". Click it.
In the Configuration tab, enter your Schedules Direct username and password.
Go to the Advanced tab. Check the box next to "Force full guide update on next TvService startup".
Click the "OK" button on the bottom of the screen.
Restart "MediaPortal 2 Server Service"
So, I did the above. And rebooted several times. But I still don't see any guide data in the channels in MP2.
In MP1, each channel needs to be mapped to use Schedules Direct as the guide data but I don't see any place to do that in the MP2 TV Server Configuration application.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Logs attached.

Last edited:

Matthew Denecke

April 26, 2014
Home Country
No I gave up and went back to non 2 media portal.
The think this issue is due to the fact that they removed the tvservice or named it something else.
When you restart the "server" and look at the plug in the box update after tvservice is restarted is still checked. So leads me to believe its pointing to the that they removed or renamed the tvserver that is under service.msc

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
January 5, 2016
Southwestern Virginia
Home Country
I too would like to get this plug in to operate automatically also. Currently I use XML TV and download manually my data from Schedules Direct and rename it to tvguide.xml and the program will then import that data or you can speed it by manually invoking a import. It works this way but doesn't seem like I had as many days as I had in MP1.15.
There is mapping that has to be done in the method I use,it's located in the config section, plugins and xmltv in my case. I have batch files that can rename the data properly and MCXML that can download the data but I've yet to get it to run automatically in Administrator Mode! Maybe mastering that would get the data working for me :) I'm going to book mark this thread for monitoring in hopes someone can shed some light as to this plugins operation. Good Luck!

wayloncovil

Portal Member
August 19, 2015
Home Country
Wayne,
Thanks for your post. I recently again asked about the Schedules Direct plug in and haven't gotten an answer. I'd be happy to go into a config file somewhere and manually map the channels for the plug in to get it to work but there haven't been any responses to my questions on the channel mapping.
Until we can get some direction on using the Schedules Direct plug-in with MP2, it sounds like the best approach right now is to follow this method and configure mc2xml to use Schedules Direct. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but it's on my list.
I suspect that there's some way of lengthening the number of days that you're downloading.
In your post you mentioned that you downloaded your data manually. How exactly are you doing that? Are you getting images for shows as well?
Sidebar... MP2 is a beautiful application and I look forward to seeing how things develop with regarding to TV recording.
- Waylon

Last edited:

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
January 5, 2016
Southwestern Virginia
Home Country
Hi Waylon,
Thanks for the reply with the information! I will certainly look into that ASAP ! The way I am doing it now is basically the same thing I did with MP1 but either I am doing something wrong in operation or something because I got close to 2 weeks worth of data on MP1 and I only get maybe a couple days worth on MP2. The way I'm doing it currently is I use a program called MC2XML to download my SD data which I have sort of aliased to meet my needs. I have a batch file that renames the output to .xml extension. From there I use the XMLTV program included in the distro of MP2. There is a plug ins tab that should include XMLTV and by clicking on that it will bring you to a mapping page where you can select what stations data you want to use for the channels you have scanned. The program will look every minute for a new file and import it when there is a new version. I tried the Task Scheduler with WIndows to no avail and tonight I downloaded System Scheduler in hopes it will automate the process for me. If it does I'll report more in depth on that :) And from there all I need to do is figure out why my listing data is so short term. I get thumbnails of my recordings and I also get logos automatically for oddly enough The Patient Channel and The Florida Channel which I seldom ever watch :) Some of those smaller details I hope to work out at a later date, but all in all I absolutely love the program! It does exactly what it's supposed to do and has an excellent record quality. Getting the EPG working right will make me one heck of a happy camper!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Just to inform you. Some folks (incl. me) are right now working on an easy and comfortable EPG Grabbing tool, not only for MP2 but optimized for MP2. It should mark movies and/or series episodes listed in your MP2 media library as "locally available" in your EPG, can inform you when new episodes of a series you are collecting/watching will be aired, add season/episodes numbers matching TVDB, fill empty descriptions with data from TMDB/TVDB, and so on... This new tool will support SD at least via WebGrab+Plus that can use your SD account to grab epg data. But probably we can build in a direct way to use EPG data from SD and/or use mc2xml, also I didn't know if this will be working as we like it.

This tool will need some time before it's ready to use but in meantime you probably can test if the "WebGrab+Plus" way is usable for you. The import of the EPG data into the MP database and the channel mapping is done with the xmltv plugin then...
    If WebGrab+Plus is not working for SD users as it should, we need to find a different way to support SD. As far as I know it's more or less the only source for EPG data in northern America so we definitely need a way to support Schedules Direct...

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2016
    Southwestern Virginia
    Home Country
    Thanks for the information! and your dedication to making things work better! Thats what makes MP the absolute best program to use.
    I'll look into the Web Grab Plus tool and see how it does for things here!

Thank You for your work on this project!
    --- Post updated ---
    I have downloaded this program and it dies in fact look promising! I have noticed there is no ini file for Schedules Direct
    How would I go about getting this to grab data?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom