MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-02-22) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Important notes:
    These development snapshots of MediaPortal 2 are compiled automatically. They are not pre-tested, so please take a backup from time to time. If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available. If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully tested releases.​
    What's contained:
    Full product installer
    Additional plugins to allow easy testing of new features
    Automatic error reporting:​
    • OneTrueError is contained and enabled. See our ::Blog:: for details. If you don't like to run this plugin, delete the "1TrueError" folder after installation from MP2-Client\Plugins and MP2-Server\Plugins.
    What's not contained:
    • OnlineVideos plugin is not developed under main MediaPortal repository and is only contained in "big" public releases. If you like to use it with this snapshot, restore the MP2-Client\Plugins\OnlineVideos folder from your backup after installation.
    Report Issues / Bugs:
    1. Before you start a bugreport, make sure that you system meets the ::Requirements::
    2. After you checked the requirements, take a look at our ::Bugtracker::, to find out if your issue has already been reported.
    3. If the problem is not known yet, please have a look at the correct Bugreport forum.
      • Issues with MediaPortal have to be reported in the MediaPortal 2 Bugreport forums. Make sure you follow the Guideline, or the thread will be deleted.
    Change log:
    How to install MediaPortal 2 development snapshots in short:
    1. If you have installed MediaPortal 2 already, it's recommended to make a backup of your installed version and configuration
    2. Run the installer
    3. Hopefully enjoy the new version
    4. If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

TV Support
    Starting with Februar 2015 we offer different installers for TV support. Please check our extended wiki page for details!

TV supportStatusDownload link
    NativeTV 3Stablehttp://tinyurl.com/pos2szp
    NativeTV 3.5Pre-Alphahttp://tinyurl.com/mhzopcx
    MPExtendedRequires MP1 TvServer+MPExtendedhttp://tinyurl.com/lomckd6

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This weekly build comes with a "new" default TV engine: the feature is based on TVE 3 (MediaPortal 1.10), in contrast to previous weekly builds which contained TVE 3.5.

What is the purpose of this step?

We like to provide users of MP2 the best available TV solution. In terms of stability and available plugins, the TVE 3 (MP1) is the best choice at the moment. It allows users to install a "MP2 only" setup, which doesn't need any other components (no external, full DB, no MP1 TvServer), while you can still use MP1 as frontend (with some manual work!). Also other programs can use this engine, i.e. MPExtended will work with it.

Having a "stable" TVE 3 solution ready for daily use allows us to focus on development of TVE 3.5, which is the next generation. It supports more hardware devices and got many new features, but it's currently at a "pre-alpha" stage.

The third possible way is known from older builds, it uses MPExtended as interface to an existing MP1 TVServer.

We provide full installers for all 3 choices. Please read the linked wiki page for more details!

Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    This weekly build comes with a "new" default TV engine: the feature is based on TVE 3 (MediaPortal 1.10)
    This is very good idea!! Maybe this will encourage more people to test MP2, with TVE 3 everyone for whom TV is a important part should be pleased :)
    Thank you very much for this build!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Both TVE 3 and TVE 3.5 contain the XmlTv plugin to import program info from tvguide.xml.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And the WebEPG plugin known from MP1 is contained in the TVE3 build too. One of the reasons to go this way was to have all TVServer plugins working the same way as in MP1.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have some problems:
    1. With TVE 3 i got this error:
    Bild1.png
    and then this screen opens:
    Bild2.png
    , but what i have to select? MYSQL5 or SQLite?

and the second Problem is the watched Status:
    When i select filter unseen movies the screen is ok:
    Bild5.png
    but when i select unwatched, i got this:
    Bild4.png
    but only the unwatched menu is not working. the watched is working

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please test the following steps:
    • Rename your H:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore to something different, it will be recreated on next start of MP2-Server
    • Delete the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\OneTrueError (H:\Users\{UserName}) folder to clear the pending error submissions

, but what i have to select? MYSQL5 or SQLite?
    Usually you should not have to select anything. So please try the steps above first.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok i have done these steps, there is no error, but the setup database connection comes again..

and i see thas there is a wrong path:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.sqlite

My Database is on H:

but i cannot save the new path

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom