MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-01-16) (1 Viewer)

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Oops, sorry, didn't see it.
There's no server at all.
Just because a while ago saw that a Upnp Server was in the works and thought it was added to the last snapshot .....
Too good to be true.
Thank you,
sdf

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Yes, it seems to me that was the thread I was referring to.
At first there was no live tv implemented.
Now it seems the developers are trying to make an all-round upnp/dlna server solution for MP.
I think it's a very difficult thing, because there's only DvbViewer that does this (and very very well indeed).
But we are MP users....
Thank you,
sdf

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Which formats is TV-Server supporting? I know that TV-Server section is identical or the same like MP1 TV-Server but is in plan to integrate e. g. mp4-format also or can't and will it never handle formats other than .ts?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2's MediaLibrary (which also handles recordings) is already able to deal with .wtv and .dvr-ms recordings.

In principle we could extend this to any video format which either contains a "channel" information in internal metadata or in a MP1-recording-xml (which is always created with the .ts).

To be clear: this would only affect browsing of recordings inside MP2 GUI. The internal TVE recording management will not be affected by such extensions.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mp4 is supported otherwise you wouldn't be able to watch hdtv.
    TS is just how the video comes to you. TS stands for transport stream. I think sd is using mpeg2 whereas hd is using mpeg4. The codec is a different story, again. But not relevant for tve.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    or can't and will it never handle formats other than .ts?
    The TV server is "copying" the DVB stream directly to the disk. So as long as every station in the whole world is using .ts as container for broadcast this will not be changed. In principle DVR-MS and WTV also are TS but with additional DRM management options added by Microsoft to calm down the content "mafia" that did not like the ability to do an exact copy of the broadcast stream....
    MP4 for example can not be used for broadcasting as it did not support most of the default DVB content like Mpeg2 Video, MP2 Audio, Teletext, EPG,... So MP4 never will be possible at all. MKV as opposite supports all DVB content, but is is not usable for watching "partially downloaded" videos while still downloading (means broadcasting) them. So MKV also is not possible. Aside of .TS (that mainly is developed for broadcast streams) there simply is no other container that fits all needs DVB has. So no, there will be no other container supported than TS yesterday, today and tomorrow...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Damn, that's pitty. The question was that because I would like to use IPTV but only out-of-the-box. Many sources that I could use are among other things mp4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom