MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-08-20) (1 Viewer)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually, it does not transverse the sub-folders on DVD's
    f:\MPMovies\We Bought a Zoo\VIDEO_TS\ All the video and other files for this DVD

View attachment 181645

Yeah the default behaviour in c# is to throw an exception if you try and delete a folder that's not empty, I expect that the default method is being used.
    Directory.DeleteDirectory() has an optional bool Parameter named "recursive" I think. It will delete also non empty directories recursively.
    Took me years to see this Parameter.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    @breese : The "delete" issues could be due to a bug that @aspik and I discovered while working/testing the DokanY packages. The temporary files don't get deleted and that's the reason why you see the mesage "folder not empty".
    I don't think it's related. The issue you discovered applies only to the BassPlayer (Music). Besides the fix is already included since the last 2 or 3 weekly versions.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    THen we need to check in more depth what is behind the delete error message.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    THen we need to check in more depth what is behind the delete error message.
    Yeah the default behaviour in c# is to throw an exception if you try and delete a folder that's not empty, I expect that the default method is being used.
    It's the above, see here, in principle its easy to fix (just include the recursive parameter), though we might need some additional checks to avoid unintentionally deleting someones entire media directory :whistle:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    though we might need some additional checks to avoid unintentionally deleting someones entire media directory :whistle:
    Absolutely. For example the local MP1 uninstall process deletes all its skin files regardless whether they are stored locally or on a central server. I would nonetheless hesitate to force a parent folder ("Team MediaPortal") delete if the directory is not empty.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After uninstalling previously existing MP setups (both MP1 and MP2), installation went smoothly.

However, media source setup is not working as expected (using mouse and keyboard):
    • MP2 fails to display sub-folders of network devices. I can only see the machine names but not sub-selection is displayed when clicking on the "+". Manual entry is working.
    • Adding a new network path triggers a complete rescan - the information is already there and should be cached to avoid the rescan, maybe combined with a timeout of a couple of minutes before a rescan is actually done.
    • The explanatory text (in red) appears/disappears when typing into the input field. Its appearance is arbitrary. Shouldn't it be visible all the time?
    Dokan:
    • This weekly installs DokanY 0.5.3
    • Tests with 1.0.0 were IMHO successful.
    • @aspik : Should we merge the 1.0.0 installer?

Skin
    • The standard installer defines BlueVision as skin
    • @ge2301 : Could we merge the Win10 files to a new weekly or are they dependent on the MIA stuff added by Brownard and henso?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Win10 Theme is included in the updated weekly. I'm sure, because a patch was added, preventing initially start error of the theme. Do do you mean something else?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • MP2 fails to display sub-folders of network devices. I can only see the machine names but not sub-selection is displayed when clicking on the "+". Manual entry is working.
    Did your uninstall also remove config? Then your network credentials have to be re-entered before being able to browse shares again.
    The explanatory text (in red) appears/disappears when typing into the input field. Its appearance is arbitrary. Shouldn't it be visible all the time?
    The user input is validated by the server (as it does the actual access to media source). So there is a round trip after each change (i.e. when manually typing the path).
    Tests with 1.0.0 were IMHO successful.
    We should finish the switch to 1.0 soon and include it in a new testbuild. IIRC only the uninstall 0.53 part is not fully done?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Win10 Theme is included in the updated weekly.
    Hhm, I downloaded it from posting #1 and installed it an hour ago - and no Win10 choice is available under "Skins". Can we compare version numbers please?

Did your uninstall also remove config?
    I am not sure. I used breese's batch as I wanted to test it. After receiving the "not empty" messages I removed MP1, manually deleted the remaining MP2 client folder (with files in it) and then removed ProgramData paths. I would not bet on having 100% cleaned everything. I particularly had to kill the MP1 uninstall since it was starting to delete skin files on my central path.

Then your network credentials have to be re-entered before being able to browse shares again.
    I was not prompted to enter credentials. Wheich config are you referring to? No problem to start all over again.

So there is a round trip after each change (i.e. when manually typing the path).
    The result on the screen is confusing. Why don't we just leave the text visible all the time while on the input screen?

IIRC only the uninstall 0.53 part is not fully done?
    The last time I tested the installer was quite some time ago, but I believe it was working. A test build would interesting.

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hhm, I downloaded it from posting #1 and installed it an hour ago - and no Win10 choice is available under "Skins". Can we compare version numbers please?
    Win10 is a theme for BlueVision, with BV loaded you need to select Change theme. Are you confusing the Win10 theme with the WMC skin? WMC is currently dependent on the MIA work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom