MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-08-20) (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It won't appear under skins, because it's a theme ;) Select BlueVision and go to the settings selecting change Theme. Then you have the Win10 and Titanium Extended theme.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Win10 is a theme
    Ah, right.

Well, I am concerned that at least 50% of users will not even discover the existence of themes and run their system with either Default or BV.

We could consider to display themes on the same page in a two-column view where the right column content changes when the main skin is selected in the left one. Alternatively we should take a look at the explanatory text, provided an attribute exists for the screen and its sub-contents.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd also prefer that. When the focus is on a skin it should directly offer the themes. If you want just the skin, user can select default in the list.
    At the moment Win10 and TE theme are hard to find. Essprcially the TE theme

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd also prefer that. When the focus is on a skin it should directly offer the themes.
    So this is coming down to updating/modifying skins (looking around for anybody capable of doing this... ;))

Will we continue to use the current "Default" as default in the future?
    A fresh install uses BV, right? So it would be sufficient to start updating BV and fix themes later.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IIRC only the uninstall 0.53 part is not fully done?
    I just checked if Dokan's latest installer would remove existing older versions - it doesn't :(. Not really an issue, we simply need to define which Dokan version we are distributing and uninstall any older one.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    ATM we have two Skins, Default and BlueVision. Default is a very simple basic skin, normally only used as "fallback". And for this it must be included. Every Plugin that needs skin files must bring "Default" skin files with. As every Skin even the Default skin has themes. In case of Default skin only in three different colors.
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

And as every skin has at least one theme, the "default theme" also Blue Vision has a "default theme" This theme is selected after a fresh installation. BlueVision has a lot more themes to offer. Like you can see here.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

All themes excerpt for the Cloudy theme are included in the installation package. Cloudy Theme is done by me to fit my personal taste and is available for separate download in the Forum... The Grey theme only is a color variant of the Default theme and Default large is a variant with bigger font sizes to offer better readability. Windows 10, Titanium Extended and Cloudy are more different in look and feel. But they are no separate skins, only themes of BlueVision as they all need the BV menu structure (the bluevision.dll) to work...

So it would be sufficient to start updating BV and fix themes later.
    I'm pretty sure to alter this some modifications on the underlaying c# code has to be done first... Skinning for MP2 is not that easy, as you need a designer and a developer at the same time... That's why such changes are often that hard to achieve or never done at all... I believe this is something that should be done during the settings overhaul, that is planed (and necessary) nevertheless...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [The rest should be already working with DokanY 1.X.
    Now I am confused.:confused: This build is not working with Dokan 1.0.0 and simply replacing 0.5.3 by 1.0.0 is not sufficient. I assume that some merges would be required, right?

@morpheus_xx , the "Repair" option does not restore a missing Dokan. Is it correct to assume that the current setup package controls both install and uninstall/repair process?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom