MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-08-20) (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I don't know if the HEVC rework has made it Info this weekly, but at least with the next one MP2 definitely can Play HEVC Live TV.
    And you don't need to uninstall previous Version but simply Upgrade to the Most recent svn Version.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The next snapshot most likely will include the MIA rework. We are internally in a heavy testing phaase atm. When it is ready no one can tell today, sorry.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Installed latest svn over Spring 16 and fixed netflix problem.
    Everything seems to be working fine now.
    Thanks for the reply.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    First i will tell about The network because it isn't like the ones you show in the installation instructions.

First the server (Black) it has 2 Ethernet cards 1 hooks to the internet and the other hooks to a switch that the other 2 computers are hooked to. The server acts as a internet server using "Internet connection sharing" or "ICS".
    The server has all my movies and series on it along with backups and stuff, I set this up with the MP2 server and MP2 Client. The other 2 computers have only the MP2 Client installed on them. There is also a file server program for my Samsung HT called "Allshare" on it. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything but its a little different so i thought i would tell about the setup.

I just got a new TV USB card (Hauppauge WinTV-HRV-955Q), My old Hauppauge HVR-2250 started throwing hardware errors just before i switched to MP2. The new card has a software encoder for analog signals (first time i had to deal with a software encoder as all the other cards i have had, had hardware encoders).I installed the the hardware then the newest driver from the Hauppuage website and then SoftMCE setup restarted the computer then started the TV setup the card was showing in the TV setup but in the general tab it showed the software encoder was not installed, after some searching I found that one of the community (naibaf7) was kind enough make a mod for some encoders and the one I needed was in the pack and it worked.
    So I can watch TV but no clients will record even the client on the same computer as the server wont record, if I go to the TV setup, manual tab I can start a recording and it works.

I may not have the clients setup right but I have looked all over and can't find anything wrong. The movies and series show up and I can watch TV on all clients.

This may be a different issue but I noticed that the only client that shows up in the MP2 service monitor is the one on the same machine as the server.

EDIT: forgot to mention i have a set top box with no blaster so all channels are shown in one MP2 channel, TV USB card is installed on Server (Black)

Thanks for any help.

Logs attached:

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    The clients all started showing up on MP2 service monitor today for some reason.

Still no recording from clients though.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There will be no more "Weekly" snapshot before the launch of the MIA Rework version... But I can proof that HEVC and UHD TV is working in MP2. Today I have started the tests with a first testbuild of the MIA Rework version, that will be officially named "MediaPortal 2.1". It is working but has some glitches to fix for sure. So there is light at the end of the tunnel...

As soon as I have imported some more media to play I (or someone else from the Team) will post some news to show how MP 2.1 will look and what new features are implemented....

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess the next version will be 2.1 after many weeks without news lately. Usually it's the silence before the storm ... I hope! ;)
    I didn't know where to post, so I do here.
    Is there any user concept considered or at least a parental lock? I have some media items, that are not intended for my kids.
    Unfortunately my kids are growing and learned the skills of a remote control :unsure: Would be really great, if media items with a certain age rating could be hidden.
    I saw, that mith MIA such ratings are available.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any user concept considered or at least a parental lock?
    Currently it's not available yet. An user concept is considered, but quite complicated and I think it's too early to talk about it yet.
    The PercentagePlayed value e.g. is currently linked to a default user, just to show, that something like a user is existing in the background.
    Well, as a result, you need to wait a bit longer.

But regarding parental lock, I requested the same. This could be also handled without user I think.
    It's just an option, that filters certain media items out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom