MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-08-20) (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This snapshot is a good one.
    The only thing a found on my system, is that my client is shwon twice in the service monitor.
    I can't confirm that. What do logs say?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This can happen if you change the name and/or IP of the Client. Normally this didn't happen, but I've also seen it a very few times in the past. As this did not do any harm and it often "repairs" itself automatically after some days and/or a reboot it's nothing to worry about. And I think it's hard to fix as it is not reproducible and only occurs very few times... Imho not worth the effort atm. We have much more important things to do.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This can happen if you change the name and/or IP of the Client. Normally this didn't happen, but I've also seen it a very few times in the past. As this did not do any harm and it often "repairs" itself automatically after some days and/or a reboot it's nothing to worry about. And I think it's hard to fix as it is not reproducible and only occurs very few times... Imho not worth the effort atm. We have much more important things to do.
    By Default the IPV6 address is used by the Server to identify the Client.
    But my Fritz.box for example changes the IPV6 address of my Computer every time a Internet onnection is establihed. So I removed the IPV6 Checkbox in the MP2 Client Settings.

mpirklbauer

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I´ve noticed at my system (sinlge seat), that the connection to the "server" is no stable if LAN is activated.
    I alway have timeouts staring live tv.
    After 10 minutes or so, it seems to get better.

If I switch the LAN of, this problem is gone.

Try to post a log later that day.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you mean by switching LAN off, how do you Switch it off? Is your Server locally installed on the same machine as the Client?, Or how do you connect to the Server is LAN is off?

mpirklbauer

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Single seat means client and server on one machine.
    Tought that is clear.
    So it's possible to switch the LAN connection of and us MP2.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Single seat means client and server on one machine.
    Tought that is clear.
    So it's possible to switch the LAN connection of and us MP2.
    Ah, I overread the "single seat", but please post your logs. without them it's just wild guessing, like "it must be the CPU your neighbour ist using".

mpirklbauer

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Tried a fresh new installation on an other system with windows 10 and the same tv card.
    The same happend.
    Can't watch live tv with activaded LAN adapter.
    Any idea?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mpirklbauer you have a lot of exceptions in your last logs that are referring to UPnP issues:
    [2016-09-17 19:07:26,125] [129842 ] [92 ] [ERROR] - Error: SSDPClientController.OnExpirationTimerElapsed: Cannot acquire synchronization lock. Maybe a deadlock happened.

To be able to check this more in detail, please switch MP2-Client and -Server to DEBUG log level (see for details).

There are options to limit UPnP library to specific interfaces only (in extreme case to localhost), but first we need detailed logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom