Mediaportal and Meedios merger (1 Viewer)

reverson1

Portal Pro
May 23, 2006
Williamsburg,VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Honestly, discussion about the name is kind of silly if you think about it. My name is no better than yours and vice versa. All that matters is how it performs. If it lives up to any of the hype then that will certainly be a good thing for everyone. There are some big shoes to fill and even mce with all of the resources that Microsoft has can't come close to feature set and customizability (is that a word) of MediaPortal and Meedio. I really think if we just sit back and let the devs do their thing we will all see the fruits of the labor in due time. Rushing a release from them or debating over the name and what not isn't going to make it come any quicker. It will more than likely only result in a simple post (distracting a dev) and the masses will be calmed for a short while.

The same type of posts were rampant before Meedio was released and they never cease.

Please let them do their thing....

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
I will use it in a snap of the fingers even without a name (call it "No Name"), if it has Media Portal philosophy and Meedio's database and menu handling (esp. menu handling I REALLY REALLY miss since for months it is worse even than what it was - now you have almost no control over it).

Name it MeedioPortal. :p Name it "What Media Center Should Have Been". Just agree on the vital things (like what is important to use from each project) and join. The more the merrier I guess.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Any more news on the proposed merger, as i just popped into look at the meedios website to have a look around and noticed a link to http://www.meedios.com/mpedios/

this is a forum discussing the merger, including new name ideas :eek: and other stuff
    he, he... you seen how old the last post in that forum is? :D

there will be offcial news when the team is ready :D

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It is never wise, in any matters, to make announcements before they are ready to be made. There is no possible benefit to the users or the development team to rush an announcement.

I know you are all just curious and eager to hear of any new developments. And believe me, your enthusiasm is appreciated ... but it can be better spent elsewhere.

I suggest that everyone just relax and stop pressuring the development team. The relatively small group of people that have made MediaPortal what it is do not need, appreciate or deserve to be pressured like this.

Again, I know you have the best intentions and you don't see it as pressure, but it is.

I'm not trying to antagonise or offend anyone who has posted in this thread already, I just feel that we should leave the development team to do what they do best. And let them choose the timing of any future announcements.

Cheers,

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I know you are all just curious and eager to hear of any new developments. And believe me, your enthusiasm is appreciated ... but it can be better spent elsewhere.
    in our wiki for example. fill the HTPC solutions with your hardware! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom