Mediaportal & Antimalware Service High CPU issue

Discussion in 'General Support' started by DHosein, November 15, 2019.

1. DHosein

DHosein Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I've been using MP1 on a dedicated HTPC for some years now, but recently I'm struggling the software to work. Whenever MP1 runs now, CPU usage on the machine immediately maxes out at 100% with Mediaportal and Antimalware Service fightng constantly and bringing the machine to a complete halt.
    This isn't for an install, this is normal running of the latest version of MP1. The high CPU usage doesn't drop over time... after 25 minutes, task manager still shows both fighting for resource.
    Anti-virus on the PC is either Avast or AVG (I've tried both... one at a time) with every Windows Defender/Security option I can find disabled
    I'm out of ideas... can anyone help?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TLD

TLD Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I would scan the MP1 folders and if nothing shows up then exclude the MP1 folders from scanning in the antivirus program.

4. DHosein

DHosein Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Managed to get the Antimalware to stop taking up so much CPU... but that's actually made things worse. Now mediaportal steals the whole CPU for itself... gets as far as 'loading windows plugins' on the startup and then goes no further, but still holds the CPU.
    I've tried disabling plugins in the configuration to see if I can figure out if one of the plugins is causing the problem, but soon as I load MP.. everything gets enabled again.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!