MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (6 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Could you make more clear in the first post when editing the regisry, what the value should be set on. Hex or Dec?

In dec.

After installing a fresh MP. the default settings are back again at 500 000. I was struggling to get rid of an audio/video sync and could get rid of it.
    I set the device poriod to 50 000, and the problems seems to be gone now. What would you recommend for this devicePeriod? What can be expected if set to....

Keep in mind I am using a Xonar DX, like Red5. Settings are: WasapiExclusive:Yes / WasapiUseEventmode:No / HWbaseRefClock:Yes / ChannelMaskOverride_5_1:1551(Hex/Dec??)

Xonar ha something odd in the buffers it is using. Feels like it would use 2x the requested buffer size, so the A/V sync code wont work since we calculate the wrong delay. When reducing the buffer size it will reduce the miscalculation amount. 5 ms is most likely 10 ms in Xonar's real and there the 5 ms of in A/V sync is something you simply cannot notice.

(PS. Are there any new releases/features planned? status? :) )

Still in freezed state, I nor arion have had any time to work with the audio renderer.

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    If I upmix 2ch audio to 5.1 with FFDshow, the AC3 encoding isn't enabled on the MP Audio Renderer and I only get 2ch audio. However if I select AC3 output from FFDshow, it does work, but the sync goes bananas after a few minutes. I guess this has something to do with the the renderer checking the input channels from the file rather than the decoded stream coming from FFDshow. Can anyone confirm this bug? This is a small annoyance because I'd like to be able to set a negative delay on sub channel and I cannot do this on my receiver.

Please post log MPAudiorenderer.log. Renderer is only using the information that the audio decoder provides, it has no clue what is the actual video file (or even less what it contains).

When AC3 output is selected from the ffdshow it "effectively" disables the MPAudioRenderer since it will reject all encoded audio types.

I cannot reproduce the error, so it must have had something to with my ffdshow profiles then :oops:

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I 've tried last dshowhelper (v.76). I got these situation

tipycally I use Media Portal on plasm at 50HZ. and I've no problem. Testing new dshowhelper I tried MP on lcd Asus monitor at 75 HZ. Why that difference. Same multimedia file , same filtergraph, same pc. same issue with dshowhelper v.55 the stable one according owl thought;

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    tipycally I use Media Portal on plasm at 50HZ. and I've no problem. Testing new dshowhelper I tried MP on lcd Asus monitor at 75 HZ. Why that difference. Same multimedia file , same filtergraph, same pc. same issue with dshowhelper v.55 the stable one according owl thought;

Log? :) I would assume that the resampling was not active for some reason.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

In the 75Hz case, I think it's behaving correctly - the 'Rptd FPS' (which comes from the decode filter/EVR mixer) is 47.952Hz, and the display is 75Hz.

75Hz : 47.952Hz isn't close to an integer ratio so the audio correction is disabled.

Decode filters/EVR mixer tend to assume the video might be interlaced, so they report 2 x frame rate to allow for de-interlacing. They don't know if the video is actually interlaced until it starts playing, but this is too late for the audio renderer bias calculation. The dshowhelper works around this (for internal use) by calculating the actual frame rate from the stream timestamps, but again this isn't accurate until at least 128 frames have been played (this is the 'Detd FPS' value in the render stats).

Tony

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Log? :) I would assume that the resampling was not active for some reason.

the attached file is intended for MP working in monitor at 75 HZ.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

In the 75Hz case, I think it's behaving correctly - the 'Rptd FPS' (which comes from the decode filter/EVR mixer) is 47.952Hz, and the display is 75Hz.

75Hz : 47.952Hz isn't close to an integer ratio so the audio correction is disabled.

Decode filters/EVR mixer tend to assume the video might be interlaced, so they report 2 x frame rate to allow for de-interlacing. They don't know if the video is actually interlaced until it starts playing, but this is too late for the audio renderer bias calculation. The dshowhelper works around this (for internal use) by calculating the actual frame rate from the stream timestamps, but again this isn't accurate until at least 128 frames have been played (this is the 'Detd FPS' value in the render stats).

Tony

ok. But my Asus Lcd monitor have 75 HZ and 60 HZ. at 1440x900 as resolution so who have only this hw can't use MP audio renderer with cinema frame rate based files? I think that 75 HZ should be the same as 50 HZ for audio correction.
    This could be an meaningful limitation.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ok. But my Asus Lcd monitor have 75 HZ and 60 HZ. at 1440x900 as resolution so who have only this hw can't use MP audio renderer with cinema frame rate based files? I think that 75 HZ should be the same as 50 HZ for audio correction.
    This could be an meaningful limitation.

From audio renderer point of view the 75Hz and 50Hz have no difference. It is about the EVR presenter that cannot cope with it.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The base problem is that GetCycleDifference() can only handle integer ratios between the reported (from the EVR mixer) video FPS and display FPS.

I'll try and modify it to handle video FPS divided by 1/2/4, which should fix the problem.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The base problem is that GetCycleDifference() can only handle integer ratios between the reported (from the EVR mixer) video FPS and display FPS.

I'll try and modify it to handle video FPS divided by 1/2/4, which should fix the problem.

Tony

OK - v0077a_no_DWM attached with mod to GetCycleDifference() for handling some non-integer FPS ratios for audio renderer.

I've only tried it with 24Hz video on a 60Hz display, but that worked OK.

Tony

Note: will only work with the MP Audio Renderer from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/707555-post675.html, of course :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom