MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (4 Viewers)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The base problem is that GetCycleDifference() can only handle integer ratios between the reported (from the EVR mixer) video FPS and display FPS.

I'll try and modify it to handle video FPS divided by 1/2/4, which should fix the problem.

Tony

OK - v0077a_no_DWM attached with mod to GetCycleDifference() for handling some non-integer FPS ratios for audio renderer.

I've only tried it with 24Hz video on a 60Hz display, but that worked OK.

Tony

Note: will only work with the MP Audio Renderer from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/707555-post675.html, of course :)

seems work fine.

sometimes there are few peek on the red line like in the second image. and the red seems more jaggy than normal.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For comparison, attached is dshowhelper v0055d with the same GetCycleDifference() mod incorporated :)

Tony

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WOW!!
    55d produces MUCH flatter lines than the 67 series. :) Sticking with this one now :) :) :)

What do you want to see for screens?

Its as flat as the screen of red5 :)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Guys.

Media Portal audio renderer seems work fine since several months. so can we now talk about sound quality?

I watch some tv episodes lately .with good earphone. my sennhaisers HD 555 .
    I compare a shot reference clip using MP audio renderer and direct sound device and I'm talking about 23,976 fps clip accelarated to 25 fps.
    The quality is very good . But I heard the differences. It's not very easy to explain but often when the level is very low with MP there is a kind of distorted sound : the frequency goes up and go down very quickly. Generate a kind of vibrate noise.
    I got the same issue with Reclock with timestreching (of course). with its quality parameter set to fast sinc interpolation seems worst than best sinc interpolation. The difference is subtle.
    Right now are there any kind of registry entries I could use to experiment with?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Right now are there any kind of registry entries I could use to experiment with?

Currently only way to poke those quality related settings is to modify the code. When I next have some extra, extra free time I'll expose following set of registry keys:

Code:
          // settings from Reclock - watch CPU usage when enabling these!
          /*bool usequickseek = false;
          bool useaafilter = false; //seems clearer without it
          int aafiltertaps = 56; //Def=32 doesnt matter coz its not used
          int seqms = 120; //reclock original is 82
          int seekwinms = 28; //reclock original is 28
          int overlapms = seekwinms; //reduces cutting sound if this is large
          int seqmslfe = 180; //larger value seems to preserve low frequencies better
          int seekwinmslfe = 42; //as percentage of seqms
          int overlapmslfe = seekwinmslfe; //reduces cutting sound if this is large

m_pSoundTouch->setSetting(SETTING_USE_QUICKSEEK, usequickseek);
          m_pSoundTouch->setSetting(SETTING_USE_AA_FILTER, useaafilter);
          m_pSoundTouch->setSetting(SETTING_AA_FILTER_LENGTH, aafiltertaps);
          m_pSoundTouch->setSetting(SETTING_SEQUENCE_MS, seqms); 
          m_pSoundTouch->setSetting(SETTING_SEEKWINDOW_MS, seekwinms);
          m_pSoundTouch->setSetting(SETTING_OVERLAP_MS, overlapms);

...currently I'm busy with some non-audio renderer related stuff that eats all my free time.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

just a note with new directshowhelper (v7X ...) and the modified mpaudiorenderer audio and vid are always running out of sync

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

just a note with new directshowhelper (v7X ...) and the modified mpaudiorenderer audio and vid are always running out of sync

Drifting or constant A/V sync issue? If constant then it is probably DWM related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom