MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (4 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

just a note with new directshowhelper (v7X ...) and the modified mpaudiorenderer audio and vid are always running out of sync

If it's a constant offset, is video ahead of audio or audio ahead of video (and by how much) ?

Tony

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

No it starts in sync and then it's getting more and more away (very fast). When i then switch back to V55e plus V20 mp audio renderer everything is fine.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

No it starts in sync and then it's getting more and more away (very fast). When i then switch back to V55e plus V20 mp audio renderer everything is fine.

Logs and screen capture with the render stats enabled please.....

Does it happen with all material or just some ? (e.g. live tv, recorder tv, video etc)

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Quite odd results - unless the EVR side has changed somehow to handle the speed changing request differently. EVR side changes shouldn't introduce drifting with ease.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Quite odd results - unless the EVR side has changed somehow to handle the speed changing request differently. EVR side changes shouldn't introduce drifting with ease.

No changes that I can think of that aren't also in v0055e (which disaster123 says works OK), and I've not seen any other reports of problems. That's why I'd like to see the logs etc.....

Tony

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

just a note with new directshowhelper (v7X ...) and the modified mpaudiorenderer audio and vid are always running out of sync

If it's a constant offset, is video ahead of audio or audio ahead of video (and by how much) ?

Tony

That's a fact, that also happens here. So I'm currently using 0055d.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Will post logs tonight. I can reproduce it by simply replacing the files again. The offset starts with 0 and then goas up to 10s and more...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Tony

That's a fact, that also happens here. So I'm currently using 0055d.

Exactly what happens - constant offset or drifting out of sync ??

Logs ??

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

No changes that I can think of that aren't also in v0055e (which disaster123 says works OK), and I've not seen any other reports of problems. That's why I'd like to see the logs etc.....

Tony

disaster123 & mcrob83 - can you try the new dshowhelper version here please - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/734386-post1045.html

Tony

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Tony

disaster123 & mcrob83 - can you try the new dshowhelper version here please - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/734386-post1045.html

Tony

Hi!
    Thanks, but I'm sorry for not posting any logs so far.
    I'm running 0078 for an hour so far...and it didn't run out of sync. The image is smooth and also watching live tv with fortherecord is doing well. I'll post tomorrow, if there were any issues when watching different content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom