MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (2 Viewers)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, i'm using mpaudiorenderer in combination with SAF 6.00 based on LAVF. AC3encoding is enabled.
    Only problem i have is that the center channel seems to be missing. So no dialogs in mkv movies.
    SAF5.02 is working fine. What can be the problem?

p.s. When using SAF6.00 and using ffdshow audio decoder the problem is solved. But i would like to use LAVF audio codecs as these are well maintained nowdays.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    LAV audio decoder is currently not recommend to be used with the MP Audio Renderer. This is purely because MP Audio Renderer doesn't have any resampling or forat conversion ability right now.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Oh ok, but do you think it will take long? Because LAV has solved my sync problems, so that I don't have to mess around with ffdshow profiles, setting certain delays for certain types of material etc.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    FYI: some sync problem with ffdshow was resolved with RC1. Im not seeing it anymore, so ffdshow could be an option again as well.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Oh ok, but do you think it will take long? Because LAV has solved my sync problems, so that I don't have to mess around with ffdshow profiles, setting certain delays for certain types of material etc.

Not sure how long... I haven't been having any time to develop the audio renderer in almost one year for now :(

snatz

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    Hi, I have MP 1.1.3 with 4TR 1.6.0.0.
    Movies are playing fine finally, but TV is very stuttering.

Everything is installed correctly (software + hardware + drivers + settings), did a lot of research on forums last 2 months. So I am very sure it's not a config issue but a codec issue.

I have LAV installed (LAVFilters-0.33.exe) but I believe I am losing tons of DXVA drops.

My codecsettings in MP for TV are now:
    Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder
    LAV
    LAV
    LAV
    Default DirectSound Device

Does anyone have any clues? I see you guys use a program to analyse the quality (drawing sort of a diagram chart on the screen) which one is this?
    Besides TV-codecsettings in MP-Config, do I have to set more settings somewhere else?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi, I have MP 1.1.3 with 4TR 1.6.0.0.
    Movies are playing fine finally, but TV is very stuttering.

Everything is installed correctly (software + hardware + drivers + settings), did a lot of research on forums last 2 months. So I am very sure it's not a config issue but a codec issue.

I have LAV installed (LAVFilters-0.33.exe) but I believe I am losing tons of DXVA drops.

My codecsettings in MP for TV are now:
    LAV
    LAV
    LAV
    Default DirectSound Device

Does anyone have any clues? I see you guys use a program to analyse the quality (drawing sort of a diagram chart on the screen) which one is this?
    Besides TV-codecsettings in MP-Config, do I have to set more settings somewhere else?

To me it sounds like you have posted in a wrong forum section - you are having some generic issue, not anything to related the MP Audio Renderer development that this thread is focused on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom