MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (2 Viewers)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tourettes, see screenshot.

Attachments

• 21-35-02.jpg
      21-35-02.jpg
      203.2 KB

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hooking into the issue of Wouter; Is it a good idea to write something in the First post about what decoder (not) to use??

And maybe someone could help with some words on how to program MP+SAF if you want to be able to use the mpaudiorenderer. I know I would like to be 100% sure on how to do it. Up until now I'm doing things by trial and error. Hoborg created the pack, but he isn't using it with MP specifically so he basically lacks the experience on that (I think - correct me if I'm wrong). I would appreciate the information VERY much.

[edit]
    Just checked First post and this is in there:
    How to configure audio codecs

Since MediaPortal audio renderer is currently really picky about the input audio stream format that it accepts it is recommended to use ffdshow's audio decoder (which is a really good decoder in any case). Following setting should be used:

All passthru settings must be disabled
    AC3 encode should be disabled
    I think the recommendation for ffdshow audio decoder is a good start.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That is a good idea edterbak!

Tourettes, i fixed it by going back to saf 5. So it was a codec issue. I am sorry to have bothered you with it. But i cannot live without mpaudiorenderer :D
    I'm still hoping you have some spare time left to update mpaudiorenderer. ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    And maybe someone could help with some words on how to program MP+SAF if you want to be able to use the mpaudiorenderer. I know I would like to be 100% sure on how to do it. Up until now I'm doing things by trial and error. Hoborg created the pack, but he isn't using it with MP specifically so he basically lacks the experience on that (I think - correct me if I'm wrong). I would appreciate the information VERY much.

Latest SAF (6) uses LAV audio decoder as far as I know. So it wont be possible to use MP Audio Renderer currently with that codec pack. There is no workarounds or anything to make it work.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Latest SAF (6) uses LAV audio decoder as far as I know. So it wont be possible to use MP Audio Renderer currently with that codec pack. There is no workarounds or anything to make it work.

Thank you for your response. :)
    With the latest 2 versions of SAF, during install you are presented with options. In these options you can now also select ffdshow audio decoder to be installed again. I think, now I have done that, when I select this decoder in MP setup it all should work OK. Am I correct?

If I just (boldly) assume I did this correctly, how should ffdshow audio decoder be configured to work perfectly with the MP renderer? I use a xonar card. I ask because I believe I am capable of destroying any chance of a stable and working system with my tinkering with all available settings. :mad: :mad: Ghehehe

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hmmm.

I would like to upscale some movies from 23.96 fps to 25 or even 50 fps, so I get smoother video playback with some movies, Wouter told me that mpaudiorenderer could do that, but now I read here that LAV audiocodec is not working with this and should fall back to an old ffdshow codec, which I do not want to use, because I want my DTS audio and AC3 audio untouched pass through via SPDIF to my Marantz receiver which has of course much better decoders inside. All audio have to go throuhg the SPDIF, so I am afraid I cant use this mpaudiorenderer

lots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom