MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (3 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perhaps the sample rate has something to do with my problem with playback of some satellite radio channels at a high pitch/speed when using the MP renderer. I'm using WASAPI though.

Ross.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Perhaps the sample rate has something to do with my problem with playback of some satellite radio channels at a high pitch/speed when using the MP renderer. I'm using WASAPI though.

Could you provide a short .ts file sample that can be used to reproduce the issue?

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The fix was to make sure that ffdaudio resampled the audio to 48khz (as in my case 48khz 2-channel audio was setup in windows control panel-audio settings) - I think this is default.

I would call it a temporary solution - there will be a real "solution" in coming months (at least as beta quality, but hey the whole renderer is still tagged as beta :p).

The real observer sees a new updated audio renderer born in the next months.
    Great Tourettes!:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The fix was to make sure that ffdaudio resampled the audio to 48khz (as in my case 48khz 2-channel audio was setup in windows control panel-audio settings) - I think this is default.

I would call it a temporary solution - there will be a real "solution" in coming months (at least as beta quality, but hey the whole renderer is still tagged as beta :p).

Lets see when the time is right. Hopefully I don't have to watch If All Goes Wrong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as test material...

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Lets see when the time is right. Hopefully I don't have to watch If All Goes Wrong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as test material...

No just watch DTAP! :D

GhoSe

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you install SAF you the only thing you have to do is say no to HDMI / SPDIF question and DISABLE the mixer in both profiles (there is a seperate profile for dts). If you do not disable the mixer the output is 2.0 and not Dolby Digital.

Unfortunately I can't completely turn off SPDIF passthrough, but I've configued LAV to do passthrough and disabled it in ffdshow (which I use for TV).
    But to be honest I don't know which "mixer" and which "both profiles" you mean. The one from ffdshow is disabled.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Tried to switch MP with Lav decoder and lav splitter.

It work with a 2ch. .
    it doesn't work with 6ch. No sound.

No problem as usaul with ffdshow audio.

Any ideas?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tried to switch MP with Lav decoder and lav splitter.

It work with a 2ch. .
    it doesn't work with 6ch. No sound.

No problem as usaul with ffdshow audio.

Any ideas?

With current published MediaPortal Audio Renderer there could be many issues that are rooted from the fact that the renderer doesn't support bit depth conversions nor sample rate conversions. It is still not recommended to use LAV audio decoder with the current public build of the renderer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom