MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (3 Viewers)

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just a question, if I was to test this renderer, could I do it in conjunction with the MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper? Or will it interfer with the results?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a question, if I was to test this renderer, could I do it in conjunction with the MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper? Or will it interfer with the results?

You must use dshowhelper.dll and mpaudiorenderer.ax from the same zip file - this is actually the latest version of my dshowhelper anyway (it's more advanced than v0020).

Tony

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

hi,

i have testet the renderer now. video is working fine for me. but audio does shutter with this renderer. every 5 seconds

lg stefan

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

hi,

i have testet the renderer now. video is working fine for me. but audio does shutter with this renderer. every 5 seconds

From 1st post:

How to report a bug

• Try to provide as clean logs as possible (for example if live tv causes issues, just after the last channel change if possible)
    • Provide information about the used sample media file (even better if you can provide a small piece of that file itself, but take care that you aren't violating copyright)
    • Provide system information about the audio chip & drives. Same for GPU
    • Provide AudioRenderer.log
    • Provide Evr.log
    • Provide MediaPortal.log
    • Check with GraphEdit / GraphStudio that the audio renderer is really connected to the audio decoder in graph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Version 3 is now available for download. This time mainly live / recorded TV users are getting some benefits:

• Fixed A/V sync going of when stream contains corrupted / dropped data (live tv / recorded tv most likely)
    • Fixed audio getting into looped state when no new data is available (for example signal lost in TV for a brief moment) - now only silence will get rendered in such cases
    • Improved handling of DVD looping video menus (Astronaut Farmer's main menu is now working 100% ok)

I'll check the donation thing tomorrow. I need now to get some sleep :)

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008

It seems I don't have so much luck with the new Audio renderer (tested version 3 also). Most files I play are not lipsync (+- 100 ms) and on some files the audio is muted at the end of the video. In the attached log I played a video that is about 1:30 minutes long. At 1:25 the sound fades away. My Denon receiver whichs receives the HDMI audio also reports that it does not receive any audio signal anymore.

EDIT: If I set "WasapiExclusive" to 0 in the registry everything works fine.
    EDIT 2: The attached "AudioRenderer.log" shows the same file being successfully played with Wasapi Exclusive Mode disabled. However there are some error messages in the log.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

It seems I don't have so much luck with the new Audio renderer (tested version 3 also). Most files I play are not lipsync (+- 100 ms) and on some files the audio is muted at the end of the video. In the attached log I played a video that is about 1:30 minutes long. At 1:25 the sound fades away. My Denon receiver whichs receives the HDMI audio also reports that it does not receive any audio signal anymore.

EDIT: If I set "WasapiExclusive" to 0 in the registry everything works fine.

If there is difference between the EXCLUSIVE and non-EXCLUSIVE WASAPI modes then it is probably a driver issue (there is no code difference in the AUdio Renderer when it comes to that setting, only selecting a different mode from the drivers).

I think someone else had issues with the Realtek drivers and when changing to ATI ones those issues disapeared.

Could you try switching WASAPIPreferredDevice setting in registry between those two (I have no clue if the same driver is still used, so it might not help.

{0.0.0.00000000}.{68b961ad-2b35-4457-b26c-e2f280ed8561} <-- Realtek
    {0.0.0.00000000}.{bb798b30-9399-466d-a6ef-d4a25a17078c} <-- ATI

In any case the drifting is quite odd issue, since we are filling up the WASAPI buffer based on the events the drivers / HW is sending. Only if some data is lost before that step there shouldn't be possibility for drifting, unless the HW clock is running at wrong speed.

EDIT 2: The attached "AudioRenderer.log" shows the same file being successfully played with Wasapi Exclusive Mode disabled. However there are some error messages in the log.

I'll try to reprosuce that issue.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Does this happen with all video content (SD as well)? Could you post a screenshot of MP with the rendering stats available? One thing that could cause such A/V sync issue is CPU/GPU running out of power (based on system stats, it wont be VPU, but GPU could be wth 1080i, or even with 1080p who knows).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Version #4 available, nothing major was changed.

• Added registry setting for sample time logging
    • Fixed dropped data detection after seeking

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008

tourettes

I can reproduce the issue with the muted sound also on my second test system (Phenom II-955 with Radeon 5770). In this case I am using the onboard audio with VIA HD soundchip. I can also switch to the ATI HDMI sound device if it is necessary.

The attached picture was captured nearly at the end of the videofile were the sound was already muted for a few seconds. The video file is an MKV with 1080P 23.97 fps (DXVA on) and uncompressed PCM sound.

I also enabled the new Sample timing log modus. The 13 dropped frames you'll see in the picture were dropped at the beginning of the video file (normal behaviour with DXVA-enabled videos).

Attachments

• sample_with_muted_sound.jpg
      sample_with_muted_sound.jpg
      69.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom