MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (5 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just wondering. Since this thread is not getting that much posting after release of the 2nd beta. Is it because of people not testing or there is no issues to be reported? It would be good to know if it is either of those cases (I'm assuming that there must be open issues that at least someone of the 27 of downloaders have spotted :)).

Also about the SPDIF / AC3 re-encoding feature. I currently don't have hardware (amplifier with SPDIF connection) that I could use during the development. Such would be required since I cannot "blindly"implement such huge feature that is requiring quite low level debugging (even the SDPIF mode connection could be really time consuming to be developed). Since I'm not needing that feature myself I'm not willing to spend hundreds of hours in some "remote debugging via a forum" to implement it. I'm asking if there are people who would be interested to make small donations so it would be a possible to buy an amplifier that has both HDMI and SPDIF connections available. Since the willingness to donate needs to be known before hand (I'm not keen to take donations and then send those back if not enough money has been collected) it would be good if people could post their opinion about the idea of using donations for a specific cause.

ps. I feel a little bit awkward about the donation request, but I currently see no the way to handle it (I'm not willing to make personal buy to get a feature developed that I don't ever need to use :))

pps. Any recommendations what amplifier would do the job properly?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sure, I'm willing to contribute with a donation to this. What about using the standard MediaPortal donation with a comment that the money should be directed to a specific project like yours?

Just curious, on what is the general donation money spent?

Johan

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Just wondering. Since this thread is not getting that much posting after release of the 2nd beta. Is it because of people not testing or there is no issues to be reported? It would be good to know if it is either of those cases (I'm assuming that there must be open issues that at least someone of the 27 of downloaders have spotted :)).

Also about the SPDIF / AC3 re-encoding feature. I currently don't have hardware (amplifier with SPDIF connection) that I could use during the development. Such would be required since I cannot "blindly"implement such huge feature that is requiring quite low level debugging (even the SDPIF mode connection could be really time consuming to be developed). Since I'm not needing that feature myself I'm not willing to spend hundreds of hours in some "remote debugging via a forum" to implement it. I'm asking if there are people who would be interested to make small donations so it would be a possible to buy an amplifier that has both HDMI and SPDIF connections available. Since the willingness to donate needs to be known before hand (I'm not keen to take donations and then send those back if not enough money has been collected) it would be good if people could post their opinion about the idea of using donations for a specific cause.

ps. I feel a little bit awkward about the donation request, but I currently see no the way to handle it (I'm not willing to make personal buy to get a feature developed that I don't ever need to use :))

pps. Any recommendations what amplifier would do the job properly?
    I will donate, how much money are we talking about ?

Iosu

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Also about the SPDIF / AC3 re-encoding feature. I currently don't have hardware (amplifier with SPDIF connection)

Imho if you don't have the proper Hw to test it the ac3 sw encoding could be delayed as last feature. Most card have the encoder embedded even some chip realtek on board and these card are very cheap so the ac3 encoding is not a priority .
    but glad to donate if needed.

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

sorry for my bad english,

i have a question about 5.1 sound. in this topic i have seen that 5.1 sound should not be possible with this renderer.
    but when i look at sky hd , my yamaha receiver is showing 5 channels. is this a error of my receiver or did i understand this wrong?
    my htpc is connectet over spdif.

thx, lg stefan

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

MePo seems to be working great for me at the moment, but I'm always supportive of improvements (and tourettes spending more time in front of a PC - at least he can listen to some decent sound now) ;)

Put me down for a donation. :D

J.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

sorry for my bad english,

i have a question about 5.1 sound. in this topic i have seen that 5.1 sound should not be possible with this renderer.
    but when i look at sky hd , my yamaha receiver is showing 5 channels. is this a error of my receiver or did i understand this wrong?
    my htpc is connectet over spdif.

thx, lg stefan

You have to set your ac3 decoder such as ffdshow, ac3 filter or mpa decoder for pcm decoding . using pass-through spd/if the MP audio renderer is unable to elaborate the pcm channels to keep frame rate in synch with the tv/monitor refresh rate.
    At this time the mp audio renderer do not support a multi-channel audio stream so almost certainly Windows Direct show reject the mp audio renderer and choose the default direct sound renderer. And probably you do not notice anything about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom