MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality | Page 78

Discussion in 'General Development (no feature request here!)' started by tourettes, July 12, 2010.

1. Redemption80
    • Premium Supporter

Redemption80 MP Donator

Insolvency Administrator
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Yeah, if the driver is saying its 24hz when your selecting 23.976 then it will be slightly sped up, is this a big issue for you, as there will always be a small amount of resampling done using this renderer anyway.

Would be silly that AMD have changed this in their drivers though, as it was a selling point for me when picking a card, as with Nvidia cards 23/24 are both 24hz for me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mironicus

mironicus Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +46 / 1
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Try to uncheck "GPU scaling" in the Catalyst driver. You can also force the refreshrates in the Catalyst driver.

4. Seeco

Seeco Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the answers. GPU scaling has been unchecked all along, and adding the 1080p24 resolution in CCC does nothing. Another strange thing is that I still have the 59Hz option under 1080p, but when I activate it the resolution changes to some 720p variant instead. Typically weird CCC behaviour if you ask me. Wouldn't surprise me if it all changed with a CCC reinstall, but I have messed up my system enough times trying that.

EDIT:
    I just noticed that my Pioneer plasma is now identified as a "generic pnp monitor" in windows. Before it has always (as far as I remember) been identified as a Pioneer TV. That would probably have something to do with it, right? I also thought of another thing that's different from before. I am now using the x64 version of Windows 7. Maybe that affects these things?

5. Redemption80
    • Premium Supporter

Redemption80 MP Donator

Insolvency Administrator
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Any updates here, been dead for a wee while.

I've ended up forcing direct sound just to keep sync perfect, and tbh i can live with the worse sound quality for now, but looking forward to something new on this, even if most of my issues are realated to my crappy sound card drivers.

6. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Sorry for not giving any status reports earlier, but I have been a bit busy lately (with other stuff than the audio renderer as well).

I''m currently testing a new binary that should solve the drifting at least partly (with Windows 7 video decoder related workaround as well).

Forcing direcsound to be used should have the same A/V sync drifting issue since the resampling etc. are same. Actual rendering is not affecting the drifting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Thanks for the sample, I can reproduce the issue with it when using AC3 audio track.

8. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Hopefully I managed to fix that issue, at least it looks like I cannot reproduce that anymore after a minor change how stream type chnages are handled.

9. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Just a side note: if you have TS files with dropped data you need to keep ffdshow's "jitter correction" setting as enabled, otherwise the A/V sync will break (I guess this is ffdshow bug since the sample times seems to be invalid...).

10. Redemption80
    • Premium Supporter

Redemption80 MP Donator

Insolvency Administrator
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    No need to apologize, not like its your paid job.

Weird about the DirectSound thing, forcing it definitely sorts it for me, will mess about with the settings on the soundcard, and some other drivers to see if the issues is being cased elsewhere.

11. micko

micko Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    I haven't read this thread for a while, because I thought it may take some more time until that audio HW-based ref clock is ready to be tested. But it really is there already.. great work guys :)

As there is stated it's not currently helping with drifting problem and I can confirm it too. Just glad to know there is something going on with it and I'm ready to test upcoming versions too.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!