MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (1 Viewer)

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Besides of that the Cat seems to have overscan issues. Forgets the settings sometimes :mad:

OT: be aware that you have to reboot after overscan setting to make it remember it, at least with 10.7.

Thanks for your tip, but that didn't help.
    With 10.7 I never had that problem.
    I did uninstall the wohle driver, used driver cleaner...

I think I will stay with 10.7.

I have just installed the new Cat 10.8
    There is a new HDMI driver included that should fix the "silent stream bug".

Good that at least one bug was fixed.

Yes :)

I played some video files and sometimes after stopping there remains a few "soundsamples" repeating all the time...

Is this something that is happening only with 10.8? At least I cannot remember you reporting such earlier. If it is I'll just list it as known issue with ATI.

Logs at leas didn't show any oddities.

Yes it's new. It's probably the new Audio driver.
    The 24 Bit issue is still present.And I don't know why I can't play the 5.1 24 Bit Track that I had played already... Sometimes it makes me crazy :oops:

I doubt that 24 bit issue is going to be fixed by ATI/AMD, so I would wait for the resampling code to be in place and in meanwhile use ffdshow to convert to 16 or 32 bit (if 32 bit works ;)).
    At the moment it won't play... I don't know why. But I know and I postet it here that it was played (with 16 Bit, but thats ok at the moment). Sometimes... ;)

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

The Audio driver works fine. However 10.8 does have issues with scaling over HDMI (DVI is fine). If you restart your computer you will find out that you'll get underscan even if the setting in the driver is correct.

If you change any setting in the driver (like Denoisefilter on) and press "apply" the underscan issue is gone. You'll have to do that everytime after restarting the computer.

I installed 10.7 again and installed only the HDMI Audio driver from 10.8. No problems.

Even the 10.8 Beta drivers had this issue and it was not fixed yet. :(

I hope that ATI will release a Hotfix driver (they do that every month a few days after the official driver release).

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

mironicus

Yes I can confirm that.
    Really frustrating ATI.

I switchted back to 10.7
    The new HDMI driver worked ok, but I also went back to the older one, because the sound repeat at the end of playback is really bothersome...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Yes I can confirm that.
    Really frustrating ATI.

I switchted back to 10.7
    The new HDMI driver worked ok, but I also went back to the older one, because the sound repeat at the end of playback is really bothersome...

So, the 10.8 result was one audio issue fixed and one new introduced (plus the overscan issue, which is not related to this thread).

Can anyone else confirm the audio looping bug with the HDMI driver that comes with 10.8?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

At the moment it won't play... I don't know why. But I know and I postet it here that it was played (with 16 Bit, but thats ok at the moment). Sometimes... ;)

Could you upload a small sample of that 24 bit file? I'll try to see if that triggers some odd behavior in the driver (althou it might happen only in combination with the ATI HW).

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A bit OT, but about the overscan issue, I've been having it since 10.6 or so.

EDIT:

Now for something not OT. I've been meaning to post some logs a while now, because I have frame drops in a couple of videos. Logs attached are for an episode of Dexter. First everything looks good. Then after a little while, the green line starts looking like a faint heartbeat, with regular small bumps. After maybe 10 minutes of watching, I get massive frame drops (50-60 frames). It doesn't happen at the same place every time. Then everything is fine for a while, then it hits again. It also get worse near the end.

I stopped playback just after the fram drops. Any ideas? I think I've seen this when playing a DVD ISO as well.

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    A bit OT, but about the overscan issue, I've been having it since 10.6 or so.

EDIT:

Now for something not OT. I've been meaning to post some logs a while now, because I have frame drops in a couple of videos. Logs attached are for an episode of Dexter. First everything looks good. Then after a little while, the green line starts looking like a faint heartbeat, with regular small bumps. After maybe 10 minutes of watching, I get massive frame drops (50-60 frames). It doesn't happen at the same place every time. Then everything is fine for a while, then it hits again. It also get worse near the end.

I stopped playback just after the fram drops. Any ideas? I think I've seen this when playing a DVD ISO as well.

Secco,

you are using an old version of the Renderer and the DirectShow helper. It would be worth updating those and trying again.

David

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the heads up.

Now everything is properly updated (I think), but the problem persists. The onset seems pretty random too, first time I started the video I got massive drops after only a few seconds. In the logged attempt it took more than 20 minutes.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks for the heads up.

Now everything is properly updated (I think), but the problem persists. The onset seems pretty random too, first time I started the video I got massive drops after only a few seconds. In the logged attempt it took more than 20 minutes.

Suddenly there is huge "gap" in the EVR presenter side:

26-08-2010 10:26:25.913 [93c]Stats enabled
    26-08-2010 10:47:30.690 [93c]Dropping frame, nextSampleTime -941.80 ms, last sleep 0.00 ms, last pres -1001.00 ms, paint 1001.38 ms, queue count 3, SOP 140, EOP 151, LFr 7, RawFRRatio 1, dropped 12, drawn 30346
    26-08-2010 10:47:30.690 [5d8]Scheduling sample from the past (774.93 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.06 ms, Queue: 2)

Hopefully Owlsroost can have a peek into the logs. I assume the same issue is not present if you are using the dshowhelper.dll from 1.1.0 release. Also does the issue happen if you change the audio renderer to directsound default?

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Could you upload a small sample of that 24 bit file? I'll try to see if that triggers some odd behavior in the driver (althou it might happen only in combination with the ATI HW).

Here is a 30s sample of my "problem" video ;)
    Track one is 2.0 with 24bit, Track two is 5.1 with 24 bit.

I testet Hoborgs 7.1 FLAC Sample again. That is played fine and correct (with 16 Bit)

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/415...920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC___FA1D197F___1_-001.mkv

Yes I can confirm that.
    Really frustrating ATI.

I switchted back to 10.7

So, the 10.8 result was one audio issue fixed and one new introduced (plus the overscan issue, which is not related to this thread).

Can anyone else confirm the audio looping bug with the HDMI driver that comes with 10.8?

Perhaps I should mention that it is possible to install the HDMI driver manually.
    So it is possible to use Cat 10.7 with the new HDMI driver.
    Display driver and Audio Driver are completly seperated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom