MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (3 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

I'm getting this strange error.
    (
    Code:
    27-08-2010 18:31:01.656 [ a00] WASAPIRenderer::StartAudioClient
    27-08-2010 18:31:01.656 [ a00] start failed (0x88890001)
    )

Audio client was not initialized. Does that happen as well with the version 7? It could have something to do with the threading changes in version 8, didn't see any starting... but no code around so hard to say if there is just some logging missing or my memory is playing some tricks.

27-08-2010 18:30:18.204 [ d54] WASAPIRenderer::confused:tartRendererThread - resuming

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

I have no idea if it is hardware, renderer or system related. The vcredist is the same on both, latest 9.0, which is included in VS2010.
    It seems it fails in MFC90DEU.DLL, but only on one machine.
    Would symbol files for the renderer help?

I would say it is system related (at least it is not HW related, or shouldn't be in any case).

Symbols would help, but it would require compiling a debug binary as well to get all the benefits. I'll try to remember to provide those at some point, but since the registering code pretty much the same that all DS filters use (from baseclasses) I would say it is some issue with the OS install. btw. since the filter is compiled with VC2008 SP1 it shoudn't be trying to use the VS2010 provided C++ DLL...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    the log is not very good but the sound is ok . only some void after the pause.

the question is .: but directsound work or not?

DirectSound works on some level, but I haven't actively developed it so it might work and has most likely some random issues (like the silent after pause). The log contains lot of "no sampled available" errors, which is a known issue. Code is polling just too often to try to get few bytes to fill in the buffer (at least I think so, but since I haven't written and only touched a bit the DirectShow rendering code it is hard to say).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I just testet the video via the windows remotedesktop. There all was ok like I wrote.
    Now I retested everything directly on my tv... and there is the same symptom, switching to the second track fails (playback stop).
    Then I thought that it might be a problem with the Refreshrate Changer, so I deaktivatet it. But no change.
    Then I tried it again via Remotedesktop... There is the problem now, too.

Is the MP audio renderer even connected in the graph when the demote desktop is in use? :) But in any case the 24 bit issue was previously caused by odd error that ATi drivers gave, after the stream switch the drivers was just reporting a general error (that wont help a bit :().

With ATi % 24 bit I would wait the rsampling feature to be available, prolly I'll hardcode the ATI HW to always be threated as broken when it comes to 24 bits and then provide 32 bit to the drivers (as long as there is the driver limitation in place).

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Same with v0.7 and also the same with WASAPIExclusive set to 0.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Same with v0.7 and also the same with WASAPIExclusive set to 0.

The error itself id no magic - audio client was not initialized when we asked to start() it. But why that hapens?

Code:
      Log("WASAPIRenderer::CheckAudioClient");
      LogWaveFormat(pWaveFormatEx, "WASAPIRenderer::CheckAudioClient");

Somehow the 2nd line is just not executed? I have no clue what happens there, so either you need to debug the issue or I need to add more logging (althou I see why it would help since the two lines where the 1st one executes correctly are both logging :)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom