MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tourettes, here are the logs and the setting screens using the SAF5 installed decoders and settings. I couldn't find a Mixer setting screen.

I wonder where those mixer settings are (many other settings seems to be missing as well). But this is for the SAF thread, not related to audio renderer.

About the issue itself, ffdshow is configured to use passthru so it wont work with the audio renderer. You need to disable all the following settings in output area:

Dolby Digital (AC3)
    Dolby TrueHD
    Dilbu Digital Plus
    DTS
    DTS HD
    AC3 (S/PDIF encode mode)
    Encode only 5.1ch streams

Not sure if that helps since the "Encode only 5.1ch streams" was enabled as well and the input seem to have been stereo:

03-10-2010 09:13:13.182 [ bc4] WAVEFORMATEX - CheckMediaType
    03-10-2010 09:13:13.182 [ bc4] nAvgBytesPerSec 192000
    03-10-2010 09:13:13.182 [ bc4] nBlockAlign 4
    03-10-2010 09:13:13.182 [ bc4] nChannels 2
    03-10-2010 09:13:13.182 [ bc4] nSamplesPerSec 48000
    03-10-2010 09:13:13.182 [ bc4] wBitsPerSample 16
    03-10-2010 09:13:13.182 [ bc4] wFormatTag 1

If it still wont produce any sounds please upload a small smaple of that file.

Attachments

• ffdshow_mixer.png
      ffdshow_mixer.png
      59.1 KB

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Tourettes, I'm going to try and do a reinstall first with Windows 7 for optimal results, I will get back on this issue.:D

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    @ tourettes
    Heres a spreadsheet with 3 sheets
    1st is a simulation of the EVR and Audio Renderer with the clock adjustment
    2nd is a simulation of the EVR and Audio Renderer with the audio adjusted instead
    3rd is a section of one of the logs with some extra analysis (It's very short to keep the xls small so has a bit of error in it)

The first 2 sheets just use the video frames as a point of reference and show what I think the clocks, multipliers etc will be at that point in time. I'm expecting to be wrong, so let me know what mistakes you see - I'll finally figure out the missing piece. It might be useful to have something like this for testing things out.

Updated:
    Fixed a stupid formula and made the EVR adjustments more realistic

Added simulation which should deal with varying multiplier (within limits).

Attachments

• Audio Renderer EVR interaction.zip
      242.9 KB
    • MPAudioRenderSimul.zip
      17 KB
    • MPAudioRenderWithPresample.zip
      60.7 KB

nachttier

Portal Pro
    March 31, 2006
    Viernheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi tourettes and all involved!

I wanted to give some feedback from an Creative X-Fi Elite Pro user who happens to be me. :p
    Just for the records: I have to disable the event driven mode, too. Otherwise the sound is very distorted. But this might just be an issue of the drivers, which are not official (read: they are able to decode AC3 from the SPDIF input - whohoo, what an advanced feature! :-/ )

But now to the problem: With the current version the sound will stop as soon as a commercial break is over. I guess the change of the sound format causes the trouble. I have attached a sample where the issue appears. The last few seconds of the advertisement for the beer would have no sound and it stays that way. And as soon as I try to skip to another position, MP freezes completely. Same applies for the end of the video file, which is reached very quickly on that small sample. The logs are from such an occasion.

The codecs used are PDVD 10 and FFDSHOW audio decoder. AC3 Filter behaves the same way.

Kind regards,
    nachttier

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I recently upgraded my media PC and of course reinstalled everything. One disturbing thing is that I don't have the 23Hz option in CCC anymore, I don't know how changing the MB would affect that.

Now to my question: I have put 23Hz for 23.976fps material in the refresh rate changer anyway, because I thought that it might be possible to force it. When hitting Shift + 1, is the "measured refresh rate" the actual one? Because for 23.976 material it says something like 23.988xxx. Now for the actual question :) The fps value for 23.976 material is suddenly always claimed to be 24fps. What might cause that bug?

Redemption80

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2010
    Glasgow
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Seeco, posting from work and hopefully read the question correctly, but will put in my own input until tourettes is around.

The refresh rate reported should be the actual one, but im using Nvidia hardware.

It should report the actual framerate its being displayed at, not the original framerate of the file.

So if you run at 24hz, and i imagine 60hz it will speed it up to 24fps since this is the point of this renderer.

Same thing if you run it at 50hz, it will show 23.976fps files as running at 25fps, or 25.002fps for me.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I see. My TV is able to display all needed refresh rates, and before upgrading it has accepted 23.976Hz for 23.976fps material. So if 23.976fps material is now said to be 24fps, that means that I'm actually only achieving 24Hz? Damned AMD, they are always messing with the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom