MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (2 Viewers)

Redemption80

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2010
    Glasgow
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Argghh, don't say that lol.

Whats up with the Nvidia HD Audio drivers?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Redemption80

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2010
    Glasgow
    Home Country
    Ah, wish i could, i could only test the HDMI to my TV at the moment.

Though will give it a shot anyway since im bored.

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I hope the changes in the next version get the Xonar working (I would say it should get the Xonar working - but it may just uncover another bug :)). Tourettes has got his patch to test although it isn't quite production ready as I have no way of testing it on my hardware.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    My Onkyo turned up today..

A question.. I am using the renderer from this thread, and the Xonar is no longer in my system. Onboard sound is disabled - the GTX460 is doing the audio over HDMI.

What settings should I have in FFDShow audio? Or should I use a different audio codec?

I don't seem to be able to get it to do both DD and PCM - at least when I move through the menus the "click" is missing and also when I select an item. However TV seems to be sending audio ok..

Cheers..

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Argghh, don't say that lol.

Whats up with the Nvidia HD Audio drivers?

Currently I have spotted one bug on my dev PC with Nvidia GT220 and WASAPI: Silent stream / corrupted audio with NVidia HDMI audio drivers - AVS Forum

It would be nice if other people could test for that as well (requires only foobar2000 + wasapi plugin + HDMI connection)

I can confirm the silent stream - it happens very occasionally without WASAPI too. HTPC needs to be put to sleep or rebooted to get sound back (I've only got a remote for the system).

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

As I have the same Onkyo HTX-22HD, I'm very interested in live-TV zapping results. I have some odd behaviours(static noice, slow motion video startup) from time to time and would like to see if you can confirm or not.

:D

Simone

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I can confirm the silent stream - it happens very occasionally without WASAPI too. HTPC needs to be put to sleep or rebooted to get sound back (I've only got a remote for the system).

This might be a different issue since

1) I havent "seen" the issue with Winamp
    2) I haven't "seen" the issue with S3 (that is used on daily basis)
    3) I can only reproduce the issue with multi channel audio files

Could you check if the foobar + WASAPI triggers the bug?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

As I have the same Onkyo HTX-22HD, I'm very interested in live-TV zapping results. I have some odd behaviours(static noice, slow motion video startup) from time to time and would like to see if you can confirm or not.

Just to add some information this happens only with AC3 encoding enabled (with SPDIF). HDMI + AC3 encoding + Onkyo HTX-22HD has not been tested since chemelli doesn't have HDMI out in the setup.

It would be nice to see how the both SPDIF and HDMI behaves with AC3 enabled. Even when with HDMI there is no reason to use AC3 encoding at all.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Just to add some information this happens only with AC3 encoding enabled (with SPDIF). HDMI + AC3 encoding + Onkyo HTX-22HD has not been tested since chemelli doesn't have HDMI out in the setup.

It would be nice to see how the both SPDIF and HDMI behaves with AC3 enabled. Even when with HDMI there is no reason to use AC3 encoding at all.

Just had a brief look on the HTX-22HD manual content and guess what? :)

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/dl/1043087/HTX-22HD_En.pdf - page 46

With some HD DVD and Blu-ray discs, a noise may be heard during playback. This may
    occur when the audio format changes during playback. It is not a malfunction.

I would say that the Onkyo is broken on the HW / firmware level. This explains the issue chemelli sees on AC3 and live tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom