MediaPortal Audio Renderer - Strange Clock / Sync Issues (1 Viewer)

T.J

Portal Member
August 2, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
For some reason I'm having big issues with the MPAR and sound becoming more and more out of sync with the picture, it was fine and pretty much overnight stopped working and try as i might cant figure it out.

Basically the longer you watch anything (TV, movies etc) the more the clocks seem to differ and despite the "drift" value being fairly low the sound can end up seconds out of sync.

Pausing / resuming resets the clock difference but then they start loosing sync again, skipping back or forwards makes the problem worse.

Having problems posting logs as the watchdog keeps crashing when writing them but hope the screenshots help - thanks!

10-56-58_start_of_live_tv.png 10-57-18.png 10-58-58.png 10-59-12_after_pause.png 10-59-23_after_pause_2.png

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you have audio passthrough unticked and see if this helps?

I quote @kiwijunglist here
    LAV Audio Configuration:
    quick-lav-audio01-jpg.130455

It doesn't matter if you use HD-Audio / HDMI audio / Digital Co-axial / Optical SPDIF / RCA - you must disable bitstreaming so we can decode everything for MPAR. Trust me you will not lose out on quality we are using the all powerful mediaportal audio renderer!!!!! MPAR can output HD audio via PCM. We also don't want A/V Sync correction in LAV!!!

audio-lav-2-gif.133683

Mediaportal Audio Renderer (MPAR) Configuration:

quick-mpar-jpg.130457

T.J

Portal Member
    August 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Cheers for the quick reply - everything is configured as above.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you check CPU/GPU usage while playing? Maybe your setup is not powerful enough? (is it 1080i material you are playing?)

Last edited:

T.J

Portal Member
    August 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, the screenshots were taken watching a HD broadcast but the problem is exactly the same on SD broadcasts, it also happens with DVD rips and other media.

The CPU usage during HD and SD TV fluctuated between about 15% and 25% whilst the GPU was around 80-85% for HD and barely showing anything for SD.

What seems really odd though is up until a few days ago everything was working OK and as much as i can figure nothing has been changed.

***EDIT***

Done some testing with a recorded HD program, it plays back fine in both Windows Media Player and VLC with a much lower GPU usage but the sync problem is still there in MP.

Last edited:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @T.J Try to disable timestretch. Solved my sync problems after pause/resume.

T.J

Portal Member
    August 2, 2013
    Home Country
    @T.J Try to disable timestretch. Solved my sync problems after pause/resume.

Just tried it, the drift is now fixed at zero but it still looks like the HW and system clocks are getting more and more out of sync the longer something is played. Would it help to upload a short video showing the numbers actually changing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom