Mediaportal chrashs when the PC goes to suspend mode (or when it resumes?) (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.19.0

Description
    Hello,
    nearly every time when I wake up my livingroom PC I can see that Mediaportal has crashed.
    I don't know if this happens during suspending the PC of when waking it up again.

The suspendmode of the PC is S3.

Any Idea what is wrong here?

Steps to Reproduce:
    sending the PC to S3 Mode

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_05_04_18__20_26.zip
      1.3 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since upgrading to 1.19 I have also noticed 2 or 3 instances of MP crashing on resume from sleep. I does appear that something goes wrong when it is sent to sleep as normally the CEC Remote plugin should also send my AVR and TV into standby but this does not happen and when I wake it up the MP home screen is displayed as I left it but navigation does not work and within 10-20 secs MP crashes. Intermittent for me but definitely new with 1.19, I did not see this with 1.18.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hmmm not sure what happen :(
    Can you update to latest version from the madVR thread ? :)
    There is a change when going to standby but not sure if it will fix your issue !!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Early days but so far so good for me too. Installed the new core yesterday morning and have had no problems since.:p
    I may be spoke too soon.:( On Sundays I have a reboot scheduled for 11.00 after which, if there is no manual intervention, the HTPC should return to sleep after 20 minutes idle. I was out on Sunday but on return in the evening I noticed that neither the TV or AVR where in standby and when I woke up the PC MP had crashed, logs attached, it looks very much like the same problem.
    I decided to double check the config. and noted the FCU fix was checked. I unchecked it and so far, 4 days now, the problem has not appeared.:cautious:
    I use an AMD GPU and have no negative affects ref. the disabling of the FCU fix.:p

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_08_04_18__17_50.zip
      2.4 MB

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you update to latest version from the madVR thread ? :)
    I'm using this version since some days now. No crash so far.
    But my family reported that TV freezed two or three times. First 1-2 sec stuttering then freeze. I'm not using madVR and have never seen this since ages.
    I don't have any timestamps but a lot of logs. Does it make sence to upload the logs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom