Mediaportal crashes on playback of recordings (1 Viewer)

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi, just saw your report over at MediInfo. I filed a similar report some time ago (as Andres pointed out above). I have not got any repsonse to it. Let's hope that your report can bring some attention to the issue.

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This version of MediaInfo (0.7.35) still hangs on my sample files so apparently the issue was not the same as yours.

pete0

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I am not shure if this is the right place, but the problem described here looks exactly like the one I suddenly face.

Since some days I have the problem, that MP hangs (not responding) if I try to play some TV recordings. The only way to end MP is to kill it in the task manager. After reading this thread I tried to fix the problem by updating to MP 1.1.1, but without any luck, the problem still exists. Since I use MP I have recorded over 120 HD-Movies from TV without any problems, but since last week :confused: three of ten recordings (from different days) show this problem. E.g., on 2.10.2010 I made two recordings, one can be played, the other kills MP!

I have tried to analyze the files with the newest MediaInfo, but MediaInfo also hangs on loading the recordings. Also tried to use older versions of MediaInfo.dll, but no luck.

Is this a problem of MediaInfo.dll or are the recordings corrupt, or both? The recordings are playing without any problems in VLC :confused:

Is there a known way to fix the recordings or would it be a possible workaround to convert the ts-file to MKV?

What I am struggeling with is, that since I started to use MP more than two years ago I never had problems with playback of recordings and now, all of a sudden, it hit me :mad:

Any help appriciated.

Here are the logs.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Been away for the weekend and no time to read your logs as yet... rename the .ts as .mkv and I suspect they'll play. That was a 'test' the guys had me run to prove the file itself wasn't corrupt - of course, you said they play in VLC as well, another indicator it's MediaInfo at fault. How 'old' of version o' MediaInfo did you try? I have another post where I mention (beg the question) WHY MP is using newer versions when we have the occasional user having issue while the 'older' version ran fine... I think it was 0.26 or 0.27 that was what we'd been using for many years without incident... how old was what you tried?

pete0

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I noticed, that when using MediaInfo standalone with one of the recordings which causes MP to freeze, MediaInfo is not respondig, but it is consuming a constant amount of CPU time. Looks like an endless loop or somthing simillar.

Today I have tried several versions of MediaInfo.dll, here the results:

Working:

Not Working:

Replacing the actual, with MP 1.1.1 installed version 0.7.35.0, with version 0.7.26.0 fixed the problem! All recordings witch causes MP to freeze can now be viewed without any problems. :)

The question is why is this behaviour of MP categorized as [no bug] ? MP freezes and the only solution is to restart the PC.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom