MediaPortal crashes on startup when using StreamedMP (1 Viewer)

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MP loads fine with all other skins. However, when I select SMP as my skin then MP crashes on startup. At first I thought it was a plugin issue; but after disabling all plugins it's still doing the same thing. I'm running Mp version 1.1.2 with all the latest skins, plugins, etc. I've updated everything I could think of to try and eliminate any incompatibilities with older plugins, skins, etc. So far, nothing has worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my error log:

[COLLAPSE]2011-01-15 01:14:48.609375 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: Error in the application.
-2147024882 (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font..ctor(Device device, Font font)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()
2011-01-15 01:14:49.406250 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.D3DApp.RecoverDevice()
at MediaPortalApp.OnProcess()
at MediaPortal.D3DApp.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)
2011-01-15 01:14:49.406250 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2011-01-15 01:14:49.453125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: site :Void RecoverDevice()
2011-01-15 01:14:49.453125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: source :MediaPortal
2011-01-15 01:14:49.453125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: stacktrace: at MediaPortal.D3DApp.RecoverDevice()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
2011-01-15 01:14:49.468750 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MediaPortal stopped due to an exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object. MediaPortal at MediaPortal.D3DApp.RecoverDevice()
2011-01-15 01:14:49.968750 [ERROR][BassAudio(7)]: BASS: Initialize thread failed. Reason: Unable to load DLL 'basscd.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)[/COLLAPSE]

system info:

[COLLAPSE]Operating system Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Hostname BIGBLUE
Network attached? True
Primary monitor size {Width=1920, Height=1080}
CPU details Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz running at ~2806 MHz.[/COLLAPSE]

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MP loads fine with all other skins. However, when I select SMP as my skin then MP crashes on startup. At first I thought it was a plugin issue; but after disabling all plugins it's still doing the same thing. I'm running Mp version 1.1.2 with all the latest skins, plugins, etc. I've updated everything I could think of to try and eliminate any incompatibilities with older plugins, skins, etc. So far, nothing has worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my error log:

[collapse]2011-01-15 01:14:48.609375 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: Error in the application.
-2147024882 (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font..ctor(Device device, Font font)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
at MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()
2011-01-15 01:14:49.406250 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.D3DApp.RecoverDevice()
2011-01-15 01:14:49.406250 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2011-01-15 01:14:49.453125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: site :Void RecoverDevice()
2011-01-15 01:14:49.453125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: source :MediaPortal
2011-01-15 01:14:49.453125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: stacktrace: at MediaPortal.D3DApp.RecoverDevice()
2011-01-15 01:14:49.468750 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MediaPortal stopped due to an exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object. MediaPortal at MediaPortal.D3DApp.RecoverDevice()
2011-01-15 01:14:49.968750 [ERROR][BassAudio(7)]: BASS: Initialize thread failed. Reason: Unable to load DLL 'basscd.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)[/collapse]

system info:

[collapse]Operating system Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Hostname BIGBLUE
Network attached? True
Primary monitor size {Width=1920, Height=1080}
CPU details Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz running at ~2806 MHz.[/collapse]

Hi,

This looks to be GFX related, possibly fonts - have you PurevisonHD installed?

We will really need to see a full set of logs (See this POST for how to generate) to diagonose further.

Thx

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
I did have PureVisionHD installed at one time...but no longer.

Attached is the full log file.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I did have PureVisionHD installed at one time...but no longer.

Attached is the full log file.

This looks like fonts, attached are the current StreamedMP Fonts, please delete you old fonts, the actual font name differs from the file name.

File: Default.ttf Int Font Name: Fluid
File: DefaultCaps.ttf Int Font Name: Fluid Body Caps
File: TitleCaps.ttf Int Font Name: Fluid Title Caps

Then install the fonts attached at let me know the results.

thx

Attachments

• StreamedMPFonts.zip
    111.8 KB

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
Thanks! I'll give that a try tonight. This is by far the best skin and I won't be happy until I can use it full time again.

Thanks!!

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
Yes it did. Sorry I didn't make it back to thank you guys. Haven't had much free time.

Thanks again!!

CGi

August 11, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
After facing the same problem and reading all the posts about it in this forum i was playing around with it (ya, i played with the problem ... cat and mouse) i figured out how to make it work ... for me.
1. An dx update will not solve the problem. Very unlikely.
2. An driver update (for the graphic card) will not solve the problem. Why should it anyway?
3. Reinstalling fonts and/or StreamedMP may solve the problem but not in any case.

So here my solution (at least for my system):
in case the fonts are not installed, don't just copy the fonts to %WinDir%\Fonts. Always install them using the context menu (right click on the font file), but first check the folder you're not supposed to just copy the fonts into, if the font files already exist and delete them or you'll have multiple instances of the same font.
After installing StreamedMP and/or the font's restart your system or DefaultCaps.TTF will not be registered and do to this not displayed in Controlpanel -> Fonts.
So for all those people telling us that a driver update solved the problem, it was just the restart of the os.
Or in case Vista or higher is used it was due to the driver forcing windows to re-enumerate all gui related stuff (not always happening).

Can't be bothered to check out why this specific font needs a restart nor how to register and making it available during runtime but i hope i could help.

Btw: Used OS is 7 x64. Behaviour regarding fonts is different on XP but the problem can be solved the same way, even tho it can be solved during runtime.

And sorry for my english.
But my engrish is pretty perfect, isn't it? ^^

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    AW: MediaPortal crashes on startup when using StreamedMP

Hey.

My MP shows a similar problem, but not the same.
    I have configured StreamedMP as skin. Before update to 1.2.0 rc (coming from beta) i had no errors.
    Now i also have this E_OUTOFMEMORY DirectX Exception. Its reproduceable with the following steps:

• Let PowerScheduler++ power down the system to S3
    • PowerScheduler++ resumes the htpc every day on 19:00 for a scheduled recording and after that it goes again to S3
    • Manual power up the htpc again (resume from S3) and bang MP has freezed :(

I cant get a debug log because after starting MP in debug mode (with provided tool) and it freezes (like described above) the debug tool is alle killed by the exception :(

Here is the log - first exception:

Code:
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.285392 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :System.ArgumentException: Der Wert liegt außerhalb des erwarteten Bereichs.
       bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
       bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
       bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
       bei MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.286392 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :Der Wert liegt außerhalb des erwarteten Bereichs.
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.286392 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   site      :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.287392 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   source    :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.287392 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   stacktrace:   bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
       bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.481403 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :System.ArgumentException: Der Wert liegt außerhalb des erwarteten Bereichs.
       bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.482403 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :Der Wert liegt außerhalb des erwarteten Bereichs.
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.482403 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   site      :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.482403 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   source    :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.483403 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   stacktrace:   bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.680415 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :System.ArgumentException: Der Wert liegt außerhalb des erwarteten Bereichs.
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.681415 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :Der Wert liegt außerhalb des erwarteten Bereichs.
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.681415 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   site      :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.681415 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   source    :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.682415 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   stacktrace:   bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.880426 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :System.ArgumentException: Der Wert liegt außerhalb des erwarteten Bereichs.
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.880426 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :Der Wert liegt außerhalb des erwarteten Bereichs.
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.881426 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   site      :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.881426 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   source    :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    2011-09-08 19:38:51.881426 [Info.][MPMain(1)]:   stacktrace:   bei Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
    2011-09-08 19:38:52.077437 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :System.ArgumentException: Der Wert liegt außerhalb des erwarteten Bereichs.

The logs are really big, so i cant upload it here.
    I have uploaded it to zippyshare: Zippyshare.com - log - MP.zip

Could also the above described font-problems freeze ma MP?
    Please help me.

Problem found: MPDisplay2 causing this issue. Sorry for spamming this thread!

thx
    pOpY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom