[fixed] Mediaportal crashes on tuning some channels (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a sample ready but I'm not eager to upload this because of the adult content.:D
    Any volunteers?

PMSL.

As long as it doesn't involve children or animals, I'll take a look :D

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

This file simply crashes Windows Media Player on my Vista machine.

It plays fine in VideoReDo, and a quick stream fix reports

Audio frame errors: 2
    Input Sequence Errors: 2
    Video resync frames removed: 3
    Video output frames: 798
    Audio output frames: 1330
    Processing time (secs): 0
    Processed frames/sec: 1378.24
    Actual Video Bitrate: 1.61 Mbps

When playing the file in VideoReDo, there are a lot of video artifacts. My gut feeling is that you have poor signal quality, and some programs are not as capable of playing the stream.

MediaPortal will not play this file (similar error to that you report) and error.log has

Code:
    2011-05-19 22:38:38.254000 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2011-05-19 22:38:38.287000 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed
    2011-05-19 22:38:38.409000 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - E:\Misc Video\Dorcel TV.ts - skipping track!

I am pretty sure my memory is not corrupt, so I assume that this is a bug, or at least there is enough wrong with this file that MediaPortal cannot cope.

Full logs are attached.

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, it isn't a memory issue. I've seen those kinds of errors before when trying to access variables that have gone out of scope etc.

neefs

Portal Member
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It's surely not a bad signal issue (signal=100%).
    I think it's more a codec problem. I don't know how TS-reader is build up but i believe it uses the same codecs that Windows Mediaplayer uses. After my testing i know one thing: when Windows Mediaplayer can't play the file, Mediadioportal can't either.
    Changing codecs in Mediaportal setup doesn't change anything (in fact, I have never seen any visual difference when I changed codecs in the tv section)
    Isn't there any way to build up ts-reader the same way like e.g. VLC player (it can play almost any file unlike Windows Mediaplayer)? Perhaps this is something for the devs of MP2.:)

I've uploaded a screenshot of MediaInfo with more info on the file I uploaded before.
    Maybe someone with codec experience can take a look at it.

Attachments

• mediainfo.png
      mediainfo.png
      744.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

No, I'm pretty sure this is not a signal problem.
    - my installation of MP 1.2.0b using PDVD 10 video, AC3Filter and Monogram also doesn't play it
    - VLC 1.1.7 plays it perfectly (except for one small glitch, which could be a signal problem)
    - if I change the extension from TS to MPG then MP *does* play it, but not well - the audio is fine, but only the top half/third of the video shows

I think there is something wrong at the stream level, and I don't have the skills to debug it :)sorry:). I will ask our C++ filter gurus. ;)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    It's surely not a bad signal issue (signal=100%).

Unfortunately those numbers are meaningless since there is no standard across different card manufacturers. I am going on the appearance of glitches in the stream.

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again neefs

I know it has been a long time since anyone commented - this has been a tough problem. I think I have a solution! :D
    Are you able to try a patch for 1.2.0b?

mm

neefs

Portal Member
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    A patch?
    I didn't know anyone was working on this.
    Sure I wanna play test dummie.
    Fire Away!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A patch?
    I didn't know anyone was working on this.
    Sure I wanna play test dummie.
    Fire Away!
    Hi neefs

Yeah, I've got a handful of stream samples that wouldn't play in MediaPortal, so I decided to do some investigating. These things aren't always the highest priority but they eventually get looked at. If you're still using 1.2.0b then there is a patch -->here<-- that you can try. I'm told that Dorcel TV is not a 24 hour channel, so please keep in mind that you may need to test late at night. ;)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom