Mediaportal crashes (stopped working error) when playing a video on moving pictures or mp tv series

Discussion in 'General Support' started by sachinjoseph90, November 26, 2017.

1. sachinjoseph90

sachinjoseph90 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Qatar Qatar
    I have been using mediaportal for ages. Bought a new laptop win 10 64 bit, 6 gb ram and 2gb radeon m530 series. i7 7th generation.
    Mediaportal 1.18.0 currently installed.

Problem is i only configure mp tv series and moving pictures in Mediaportal. and now when i play any of my movie or series collections, mediaportal crashes. I tried fiddling with the codecs in mediaportal configuration and sometimes it just somehow works. Next day it starts crashing as soon as click a movie or series. Once again i simply fiddle with settings and it works again. but next day gone.
    Please help me as Mediaportal has been something amazing in my life and now i have to live without it.

Note: I saw some update for windows 10 mentioned in another thread. I tried downloading n installing it but it says i cant install it. However i dont think it should matter becuase my laptop is updated till the version before creators fall. I reverted back from creators fall as it made my system slow.

The logs have been attached.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,196 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

If any program crashes, check the Windows application event log to find the cause. ;)

In this case:
    Show Spoiler

"26-11-2017 23:11:22";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: MediaPortal.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    at MediaPortal.Player.Subtitles.MpcEngine+MpcSubtitles.FreeSubtitles()
    at MediaPortal.Player.Subtitles.MpcEngine.FreeSubtitles()
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.Cleanup()
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.GetInterfaces()
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR7.Play(System.String)
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(System.String, MediaType, System.IO.TextReader, Boolean, Int32, Boolean, Boolean)
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.VideoHandler.Play(Int32)
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.VideoHandler.ResumeOrPlay(WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBEpisode)
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.CommonPlayEpisodeAction()
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.OnClicked(Int32, MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl, ActionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIMessage)
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.OnMessage(MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIMessage)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIMessage)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.DispatchThreadMessages()
    at MediaPortalApp.FrameMove()
    at MediaPortal.D3D.OnIdle(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
    at MediaPortalApp.Main(System.String[])

";"1026"
    "26-11-2017 23:11:23";"Application Error";"Application Crashing Events";"Error";"Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.18.0.0, time stamp: 0x59d9d5bc Faulting module name: mpcSubs.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59d9d5ad Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00001db0 Faulting process ID: 0x1de8 Faulting application start time: 0x01d366f20671b2de Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mpcSubs.dll Report ID: 6ff9d439-fc91-416d-9012-20555406e079 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: ";"1000"
    "26-11-2017 23:11:23";"Windows Error Reporting";"(0)";"Information";"Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: MediaPortal.exe P2: 1.18.0.0 P3: 59d9d5bc P4: mpcSubs.dll P5: 0.0.0.0 P6: 59d9d5ad P7: c0000005 P8: 00001db0 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER22B9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_MediaPortal.exe_38a26da2b9c6d1d88129cab8b7340667a63aa_30d029d2_2a612597 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: 6ff9d439-fc91-416d-9012-20555406e079 Report Status: 97 Hashed bucket: ";"1001"

So, the crash source is mpcSubs.dll (MPC HC subtitles).

You can workaround the crash by disabling/avoiding use of MPC HC subtitles engine.

I also suggest to read this thread:
    [confirm] - Access violation in MPCSubs.dll

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sachinjoseph90

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Qatar Qatar
    Wow! OK lemme try that and I'll get back to you. Thank you so so much for the quick response. Your the man!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Threadmarks: No problems now
    sachinjoseph90

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Qatar Qatar
    Hey man, working around the idea of a subtitle issue, i entered the settings of mediaportal and set the plugin to automatically select codecs. (had done this from configuration previously but it was a temporary fix) and now everything seems to be working perfectly. Thanks a lot! God Bless

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!