mediaportal crashes when moving pictures is enabled (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay, built an alpha for you GavinC and will PM the link to you. Please let me know if the new build resolves the issue for you.

Goofy33, I think the issue you are experiencing is different, can you give us more information about when your issues began?

goofy33

Portal Member
April 29, 2009
I starts with Version 0.7.2.

I think my problems starts since i deleted the import path and add the same import path again. The import path is a samba share.
To resolve my problem I have delete the moving pictures db and re-import all movies but this not resolve my problem.

goofy33

Portal Member
April 29, 2009
can anyone help me?

my mediaportal crahes all the time when moving pictures is enabled. Also the Configuration crahes.

Which path is meant in the log file?

Have moving pictures problems with mutated vowels?

What can i do?

günther

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry for the delay goofy33, we will figure out the problem for you, but you have to be patient, we only have so much free time. Keep in mind that this is not our day job. ;) I will try to give you an update tomorrow night though; if I can reproduce the error, I should be able to fix it. In the mean time, can you post any paths that you suspect might be the problem? If one jumps out at you as suspicious, that would help a lot in reproducing and eventually resolving the error.

goofy33

Portal Member
April 29, 2009
i become also messages with Access violation failures:

Attachments

• mediaportal2.rar
    30.6 KB

biro31551

August 25, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi,

I have exactly same problem with latest release of moving pictures (0.7.5).

Code:
2009-08-25 22:00:12.078125 [ERROR][6]: Exception   :Illegal characters in path.
2009-08-25 22:00:12.078125 [ERROR][6]:   site      :Void CheckInvalidPathChars(System.String)
2009-08-25 22:00:12.078125 [ERROR][6]:   source    :mscorlib
2009-08-25 22:00:12.078125 [ERROR][6]:   stacktrace:   at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFileName(String path)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.MatchPattern(String relativePath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

If moving pictures are enabled, some time after starting mediaportal it crashes.
Time from start to crash is different every time; from few seconds to even 45 minutes.
If moving pictures plugin is disabled everything is working normally.

I suspected on illegal filenames in some movies so I did test with different movies, but no luck.
I deleted database after every test, to eliminate some problems with previous entries, but still same.
Only thing I did find out is that this is not happening when movies folder is on local drive or if network
drive is on windows. Only samba share (on ubuntu 9.0.4) is makeing problems.

Is there a way to fix this cause I like moving pictures very much and would like to be able to use it.

If there is anything else that you need for diagnosing problem just let me know.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom