MediaPortal crashes when using Basic Home screen (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 + SVN
    MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP Beta 0.4.298
    Windows Version: WinVista SP1
    CPU Type: AMD 4400X2
    HDD: 74GB Raptor Western Digital
    Memory: 2GB Corsair 5400C4
    Motherboard: NVIDIA NForce4 Asus
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
    Video Card Driver: 7.15.11.7813
    Sound Card: Nvidia
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow (Latest Beta)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow (Latest Beta)

1. Install XFace v1.7 (supports v1.0.0)
    2. Enable Basic Home in configuration
    3. Load MediaPortal
    4. While on BasicHome screen navigate LEFT to the next item (this being My Music)
    5. Go Back to Basic Home (Press ESC or back on the remote)
    6. Repeat Steps 4, 10 times (yes you read right, 10 times)

After the 10th time of repeating this procedure, the next time you navigate left on Basic Home MediaPortal with crash.

This happens on other skins like StreamedMP and Aeon as well (the number of times to repeat steps changes however, perhaps its related to the number of Animations/Transistions although I have tried turning that off in Configuration)

I have tried to reproduce on Blue3 but can not.

I have attached logs, but bare in mind an error.log never gets generated. The MediaPortal logs does not shed much light but you should see the sequence of Init and DeInit of BasicHome occuring.

I can reproduce this on many environments running XP or Vista, as well as Stable v1.0 or v1.0SVN. Many other people have reported this as well over in the StreamedMP forums: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/crashes-basichome-screen-streamedmp-rc4-50221/

Another user just reported this in the XFace forum: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ase-22-12-2008-a-50747/index4.html#post359648

Please feel free to contact me, to help test this issue or provide more information :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom