[solved] MediaPortal crashing on startup (1 Viewer)

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal is crashing on startup. This problem started yesterday; I hadn't made any changes to the software, installed any windows updates, or anything. I had added some new TV station logos but that's it. I went to start it and I'm now getting the dreaded "Failed to load your skin! Aborting startup. Out of memory" error.

When the error first showed up I assumed I tried a restart of the system. Then, looking at the log files I tried resizing a bunch of my TV logos because they were too large. I cleared my Skin cache (StreamedMP), tried switching skins, and even tried reinstalling the Arial font, so far nothing has made a lick of difference.

I've attached the Watchdog files for reference. If there is any additional information let me know. I can't find where to add my system specs to my profile (been a while since I've been to the forums so here goes:

MP Version: 1.23
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.40gHz)
Memory: 6GB
GPU: NVIDI Geforce GT 710

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_08_05_20__10_06.zip
    1.9 MB

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
FYI, I tried upgrading to 1.24; I no longer get the out of memory pop-up, it just crashes to desktop with the same error logs.

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Well, I was able to fix it. In desperation I tried removing all of my TV station logos, (I had added a half-dozen to the system a couple of days ago) and it loaded just fine.

I then tried to resize a bunch of them to make them smaller to see if it was a caching issue, and one of them apparently had an incorrect file extension. Deleting that one and resizing the rest seems to have solved the problem. Don't know it was, but the problem is solved. Apologies who took the time to actually read through my logs.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you give me the offenfing logo? I want to see if there is at least some proper errorhandling and logging, so this can be more easily identified next time

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
    October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can't remember which file from the Google image search I actually downloaded. I think this is the right one.

Attachments

• Peachtree_TV_error.jpg
      Peachtree_TV_error.jpg
      10.1 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, no issues here with that logo.
    And judging by the logfile of mediaportal I think the crashes had a different cause...
    What exactly is a bit of a mystery for me

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Here is the main problem, this happens when font registration has flown.
    Code:
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,750] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Exception loading fonts C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\fonts.xml err:Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'MediaPortalApp'. stack:   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateGraphicsInternal()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateGraphics()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.LoadFonts(String strFilename)
    You just had to re-register the fonts in the system ...
    Code:
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,914] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'mediastream12c' does not exist
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,919] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'mediastream14tc' does not exist
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,921] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'mediastream12tc' does not exist
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,922] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'mediastream11tc' does not exist
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,925] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'mediastream11' does not exist
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,940] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'mediastream10c' does not exist
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,950] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'mediastream10tc' does not exist
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,954] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'mediastream16c' does not exist
    [2020-05-08 10:06:19,966] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'mediastream12c' does not exist

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
    October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm a bit confused then, as I was able to fix the problem without re-registering the fonts.

However, if it crops up again, how do I re-register them?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Font registration - select font (in skin folder, or...) press right mouse button on it, and select install... :)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom