Mediaportal does not stay on top (1 Viewer)

unrevealable

Portal Member
December 22, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home
CPU Type: AMD
HDD: 2TB
Memory:4GB
Motherboard:Nvidia 8200
Video Card: Nvidia 8200
Video Card Driver: Nvidia 8200
Sound Card: Nvidia 8200
Sound Card AC3: Nvidia 8200
Sound Card Driver: nvidia 8200
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Pure video
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have had problems with mediaportal 1.0 so I tried 1.1 and it works great. The only problem I am having is that when playing a movie and trying to use another window on another monitor, the media portal player disappears from the tv and gets minimized to the task bar. This only happens when playing a movie. When in any other mode (menu), the application stays on top as it is supposed to.

I have checked the always on top button in the config.

I have a hdtv connected to the hdmi out port of the motherboard and mediaportal is running on this screen. I have a second monitor connected to the vga port of the motherboard. I start a movie on the hdtv via mediaportal then try to open a web browser to do some work on the other screen. I thought this worked at one point but it may have been with version 1.0. Is this a bug?

Thanks

marson

Portal Pro
June 9, 2007
uk
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have the same problem , the only way i found to solve this is to use , enhanced video render in configuration , this way mediaportal wont disappear on tv or video when using the pc
Its just that video mixing render 9 (VMR9) gives better results for me on tv and video, see how it is for you ....

unrevealable

Portal Member
December 22, 2009
Home Country
Thanks for the reply. That didn't work for me at all. I still have the same issue. It appears it is a bug...and hopefully not a feature. Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help resolve this.
Thanks

unrevealable

Portal Member
December 22, 2009
Home Country
Now it seems as if the behavior has changed. I still have the same problem when viewing a movie and clicking on something outside of media portal...MP minimizes. But once I stop the movie and am just in the mp menu, I cannot get focus on ANYTHING outside of MP. If I click on something else, for instance a web page already opened on the other screen, it flashes and brings focus back to MP.

I did recently disable windows media center via the "additional 3rd party checks" configuration screen and have mptray started automatically. I just disabled mptray and still have the same issue.

One other thing I just noticed, when I am viewing movie and click outside of mp causing it to shrink, I can bring the movie back up and view it, however, once I hit stop (stop playing the movie), mp closes completely without bring me back to the menu.

Thanks for your help.

unrevealable

Portal Member
December 22, 2009
Home Country
Any ideas? It make my PC useless while the kids are watching a movie! It didn't happen with XMBC or with the old version of MP, but neither of them would play all of my content correctly. Anything else I can provide to help resolve this??

Thanks for your help!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not had any problems like this on any of my comps & crystal ball doesn't work so some logs would help.

Regards
    Roy

unrevealable

Portal Member
    December 22, 2009
    Home Country
    ok, that's what I was looking for.

Here's the first log. This is what I did:

Started MP (debug), didn't navigate off of the home screen. Tried to click on another screen outside of MP on another monitor (mozilla). The mozilla window flashed but did not gain focus. Closed MP then generated the zip file.

The second part of the problem will be posted next.

unrevealable

Portal Member
    December 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Here's the second problem with log attached:

Launched MP (debug), scrolled to movies (using MP blue wide skin with moving pictures plugin...but exhibited the same action without the moving pictures plugin).

Started a movie

Clicked outside of MP on the other monitor.
    MP shrunk down to the taskbar.

Opened MP back up from the taskbar to full-screen.
    Closed MP

Gathered log files.

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks for your help!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    MediaPortal.log it's missing so it could tell me something else, but error in error.log points to a plugin "HTPC Info" so try to remove that & see.

Regards
    Roy

unrevealable

Portal Member
    December 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi,

I tried disabling that plugin and it didn't work. Still get the same results. I tried collecting the logs again and noticed that there is no MediaPortal.log created. I searched the system and did not find one. I specifically looked in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log and it does not exist.

I am running window 7. Is there something I need to do to get that log file generated?

I'm going to download the nightly build tonight to see if it clears up this and several other problems I'm having. I'll let you know.

Thanks

I couldn't figure out the nightly build thing just yet so I reloaded rc1. Still nothing. I can't play anything but the vob file. All other avi files and xvid files do not play either. Guess I'm back to the drawing board so if you can let me know how to generate the mediaportal.log I would rather stay with the more stable rc1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom