Mediaportal doesn't recognize free TV card (1 Viewer)

mtaugwalder

Portal Member
March 7, 2012
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi everybody

My Mediaportal 1.3 only use one TV tuner on my DD DuoFlex CT!

When I go into TV Server Configuration I can see that the 2nd TV tuner is idle. In Mediaportal again I can't watch TV while I record another channel (no free card message).That's a reproducable behavour.

All channels are mapped to both tuners. EPG is working on most channels. In my opinion it's configured correctly. I also checked the MySQL DB and it's ok.

WAF is almost 0 and it's really anoying. Any ideas?

I will add the logs soon.

mtaugwalder

Portal Member
March 7, 2012
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Ok, here we go with logs and the test procedure I did ...

It's really strange, it can see both tuners, but something goes wrong.

Attachments

• RecordingTest.rar
    11.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello mtaugwalder

When did you last restart the TV service?

@gibman
    2013-06-11 00:21:05.679929 [(32)]: CardReservationBase.RequestCardTuneReservation: failed reservation tuningdetails=DVBC:tv:ARD EinsPlus Freq:506000 ONID:2 TSID:208 SID:147 PMT:0x1A81 FTA:True LCN:46 SymbolRate:6900 Modulation:Mod256Qam, res id blocking=75, state=TuneCancelled

That doesn't look normal. Any clues?

mm

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello mtaugwalder

When did you last restart the TV service?

@gibman
    2013-06-11 00:21:05.679929 [(32)]: CardReservationBase.RequestCardTuneReservation: failed reservation tuningdetails=DVBC:tv:ARD EinsPlus Freq:506000 ONID:2 TSID:208 SID:147 PMT:0x1A81 FTA:True LCN:46 SymbolRate:6900 Modulation:Mod256Qam, res id blocking=75, state=TuneCancelled

That doesn't look normal. Any clues?

mm

This essentially translates to : the tuner is already held by some other previous tuning session (with card reservation ticket id = 75).
    The million $ question is then .. what causes this ?

I guess one could try and look at tv.log around what happens with id 75 - the currentattached tv.log is too new.
    It does not have any info about what happens with id=75. For this we need an older tv.log. maybe 1 or 2 days old?

/gibman

mtaugwalder

Portal Member
    March 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi MM

My HTPC is running all the time, therefore I can't really say. Mediaportal only runs when we watch TV.

I tried to stop and restart the TV service through TV Configuration Manual Control to see if there is a difference with a fresh started one. But it did not restart. Checking with task manager, processes showed that TV service is still alive, even though TV Configuration Manual Control thinks it is not. The services tab shows it is going to stop the service, but it never really arrives to stop it. I tried to stop TV service with task manager, but no success (message: at the moment the service can't take control commands). Killing the process zombie did help to end the service and the restart from TV Configuration Manual Control worked fine then.

Now the recording test with a fresh TV service went well, without any problems! :confused: :)

Any way to configure Mediaportal to kill the TV service process? Simply stopping the service seems not to work, if the TV Server shows this strange behavour.[DOUBLEPOST=1370934378][/DOUBLEPOST]attached old tv.log and even older tv.bak

Attachments

• tv.bak
      89.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This essentially translates to : the tuner is already held by some other previous tuning session (with card reservation ticket id = 75).

Maybe the TsWriter deadlock?
    Attempted call to stop graph got deadlocked, therefore the cancel request always remains outstanding...

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Maybe the TsWriter deadlock?
    Attempted call to stop graph got deadlocked, therefore the cancel request always remains outstanding...

I think this would be a good guess.
    Any directshow/graph related deadlock during tuning would forever hold the cardres. ticket effectively preventing other requests to utilize this card.
    That is until the user either reboots or restarts tvservice.

I often find it impossible to even kill tvservice when such things occur.
    Although if the tuner is an USB tuner then it usually helps to re-insert the device along with tvservice kill.

anyways, is it possible to attach a debugger and see where in the c++ stacktrace its stuck in ?
    it should be possible to see the entire stack trace from managed c# code to unmanaged code.
    it probably requires a debug built tvservice installation + tswriter debug build.

/gibman

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

mtaugwalder

Portal Member
    March 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Let me know if I can do something to help you find the bug. I'm not very familiar with programming or debugging, but with instructions I can try.

mtaugwalder

Portal Member
    March 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I went through the EPG deadlock tswriter thread and downloaded the tswriter.ax v13. Restarted TVservice.
    I will report if there is a change in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom