MediaPortal Entering Standby After Watching A Recording (1 Viewer)

tCC

Portal Pro
December 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 (beta)
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP (custom svn build)
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate Build 16385 x86
CPU Type: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz)
HDD: Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD5000BEVT (500GB)
Memory: 4GB Kingston DDR2-800
Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Video Card: HiS ATI Radeon HD 2600XT (256MB)
Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 9.7
Sound Card: Realtek ALC882
Sound Card AC3: Coaxial Out
Sound Card Driver: Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver 2.29
1. TV Card: FireDTV FloppyDTV (hw version 01.26.02)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: FloppyDTV Integrated Driver 5.6 Beta
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Codec
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Ziggo
HTPC Case: OrigenAE X15e v2
Cooling: 3x Nexus 80mm Real Silent Case Fan and 1x Noctua NH-U9 With Nexus 92mm Real Silent Case Fan
Power Supply: Corsair HX520W
Remote: Microsoft MCE Remote
TV: Samsung LE55A956
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

while watching a recording, every time I PAUSE or STOP the playback and do nothing for some time, MediaPortal suspends my system :confused::confused::confused: very annoying, even more annoying when new shows are beeing recorded in the background.

when I quickly switch to live tv (after I STOP a recording playback) the machine won't enter standby.

log attached, it entered standby at 18:53 (WM_POWERBROADCAST 4) after I've watching a recording.

Attachments

• mediaportal.zip
    30.6 KB
  • tvserver.zip
    30.6 KB

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having the same problem with rev23684.

I'm using a Client PC to watch stuff and within a couple of minutes of a Recorded TV show finishing playback, the Server goes into standby.

I've got Powerscheduler Server plugin set to shutdown after 120 minutes and Network Monitor was set to 500KB/s, which was too high and I've reduced it to 100KB/s now, but I thought that MP Client was supposed to stop the Server shutting down while it was running.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I've attached logs as this has happened again. I was watching a TV recording on the Client and paused it and while it was paused, the Server went into standby.

You can see from tvserver.log that ActiveStreamsHandler was preventing standby whilst the recording was playing until 22:37, which is when I paused it, but PowerScheduler is using a lastUserTime of 20:39, which must have been when I last used the Server, and so shuts down as soon as I stop playback on the Client.

Surely the lastUserTime should be updated by actions on the Client. Or even more basically, shouldn't the Client be telling the Server it's running and so prevent it shutting down?

tCC

Portal Pro
December 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
yeah, very annoying, it doesn't even check if there are currently active recordings, I wish they will add that option some time.

bump bump bump :p

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Turns out I was being dumb and didn't have the Powerscheduler Client plugin enabled on the Client.

My turn to say :oops: :oops:

tCC

Portal Pro
December 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
hey not fixed at all, it's still a bug, MediaPortal shouldn't go into standby within 60 seconds a playback is stopped or paused. when I do other thing with MediaPortal it doesn't standby as well within 60 seconds.

the PowerScheduler client plugin doesn't even work on Windows 7 and never had the problem before while the client side plugin was disabled when I tested that before.
will do some testing again with the client plugin again tomorrow to see it that's a workaround

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    the PowerScheduler client plugin doesn't even work on Windows 7 and never had the problem before while the client side plugin was disabled when I tested that before.
    will do some testing again with the client plugin again tomorrow to see it that's a workaround

Client plugin MUST be enabled as it is the only way how server side can know if the user is using MediaPortal (in Vista / Windows 7 it is not possible to access desktop from the service processes for security reasons).

I haven't ever hear that someone reports PS client plugin to be broken witn Windows 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom