Mediaportal EVR renderer output 16-235? (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please don`t get me wrong i just try to learn more about this stuff and try to get the best possible setup...

That's why I went for the longer explanation - I think it helps if you understand the reasons why this stuff is the way it is :)

The important thing is that you are happy with how normal video looks on-screen, not what test patterns look like - they are just a guide, so don't get too worried about getting 'perfect' test patterns.

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think i found a way to setup correctly (BTB and WTW) but anyhow the ambilight for example does not seem to work correctly using this setting ;)
    I also must admit that i mixed up TV settings in regards to HDMI Blacklevel... for my TV it seems low means lower blacklevel (0-255) and normal means 16-235
    i took it the other way round ;)
    Somehow it does not seem to clip any information..but it always "looks better" and not washed out when using low instead of normal... this is why i believe my TV receives FULL (0-255) even if i set it up for BTB and WTW....
    As MePo is working with EVR and 0-255 it will always expand video if i am right :)

This why I might go for calibration on PC Levels now and just ignore BTB and WTW thing... as i dont want to use anything else than MePo at the moment and Ambilight should be working too....

Last edited:

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just got to know that probably the RGB32 option in LAV the Nvidia video color space option has the same affect as i already recognized too.
    Nvidia video color space seems to affect the way EVR renders/handles color space. If you choose limited for this option EVR renders with 16-235. Otherwise it used 0-255 or if turned of it uses standard which equals 0-255 too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom