MediaPortal.exe - Application Error (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 1.4.0

Description
    Updated to 1.4 Titan about a month ago from 1.3 Avalon. Noticable improvements appreciated!
    However one of my clients when starting to watch live TV generates this annoying error popup about 1 minute - see image and logs made straight after the error popup appeared

Steps to Reproduce:
    Switch on live TV on client

Attachments

• 20130728_161958.jpg
      20130728_161958.jpg
      247.9 KB

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Any ideas or tips anyone?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The MediaPortal.log doesn't show any attempt to start TV - can you collect the logs before you restart MP after the crash ?

Try disabling the plugins one-by-one, in case it's one of those creating the problem.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    The MediaPortal.log doesn't show any attempt to start TV - can you collect the logs before you restart MP after the crash ?

Try disabling the plugins one-by-one, in case it's one of those creating the problem.

I managed to collect the logs a few second after this crash happened whilst the tv was still running and error message on screen - they are attached.

When I press cancel on the error message to debug the error another error box comes up it is attached also.

I tried disabling all the plugins and having only TV enabled and same error message appeared.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• jit debugger.png
      jit debugger.png
      96.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello ben1210

To me it looks like your TVSeriesDatabase database (TVSeriesDatabase4.db3) is corrupted. You'll need to restore it from backup or delete it.

mm

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello ben1210

To me it looks like your TVSeriesDatabase database (TVSeriesDatabase4.db3) is corrupted. You'll need to restore it from backup or delete it.

mm

I searched for TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 on c drive, deleted it as you suggested, then restarted MP and Live TV has been running for about half an hour without the error popping up. So happy days!

Please keep the good work up, its an amazing service MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom