MediaPortal fails to play certain m2ts/BR files (1 Viewer)

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
May 23, 2010
Frankfurt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Upps...

I thought it was a good idea. WIN 10 has updated itself meanwhile.

Here are the logs with only one BR:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, it looks like the error is somewhere in libbluray (3rd party library from VLC).

Note that although you selected \\ROLF-PC\Filme\10.000 B.C\BDMV\STREAM\00000000.m2ts, MediaPortal will be trying to load/play the index.bdmv (\\ROLF-PC\Filme\10.000 B.C\BDMV\index.bdmv). If the index is corrupt, missing etc., it's normal/expected that playback will fail.

To be clear, this BR (10.000 B.C.) plays fine in other software (splayer or whatever)?
    ...and the full BR structure (index.bdmv, menus etc.) is available and okay as far as you know?

If the answers are yes and yes, the next step is to get the libbluray debug log file. To do that you need to create environment variables (BD_DEBUG_FILE and BD_DEBUG_MASK) as shown -->here<--. After that, try to play the BR again (it will fail) and collect the libbluray debug log from the location specified by BD_DEBUG_FILE.

Please ask if anything is not clear. :)

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, i really tried but no idea how to do this.
    Suddenly most of the index files seam to be corrupted. (I tried with splayer)
    I will add logfile of a film that is working. But the quailty is quite poor. This was not so before

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, i really tried but no idea how to do this.
    Do you mean you don't know how to create an environment variable, or...?
    If it's about the environment variables, your favourite internet search engine can be helpful!
    Here are some steps I found with a quick search for "windows 10 create environment variable":
    1. From the Desktop, right-click the very bottom left corner of the screen to get the Power User Task Menu.
    2. From the Power User Task Menu, click System.
    3. Click the Advanced System Settings link in the left column.
    4. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab, then click the Environment Variables button near the bottom of that tab.
    Now you can use the "new" button to create the new environment variables (BD_DEBUG_FILE and BD_DEBUG_MASK).

Does that help?
    If not, I could do it for you on TeamViewer.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Suddenly most of the index files seam to be corrupted. (I tried with splayer)
    This I cannot explain or help with.
    Like I said in my earlier reply: if the index files are corrupted, MP will not be able to play them.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is now okay?
    I only have 10 minutes or so, but that would be enough I think.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Time has run out for tonight, sorry. We can try another time.

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you mean you don't know how to create an environment variable, or...?
    If it's about the environment variables, your favourite internet search engine can be helpful!
    Here are some steps I found with a quick search for "windows 10 create environment variable":
    1. From the Desktop, right-click the very bottom left corner of the screen to get the Power User Task Menu.
    2. From the Power User Task Menu, click System.
    3. Click the Advanced System Settings link in the left column.
    4. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab, then click the Environment Variables button near the bottom of that tab.
    Now you can use the "new" button to create the new environment variables (BD_DEBUG_FILE and BD_DEBUG_MASK).

Does that help?
    If not, I could do it for you on TeamViewer.
    I managed to do it. But no files are created.

I managed to create a bd_debug.log on my laptop. But this file doesn´t correspond to my PC System.

Everything seems to get worse. Stuttering etc...
    I am a little frustrated.
    Never had these problems before.
    Not one of my systems is working properly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom