MediaPortal for Ceton ETH on Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

shane041

Portal Member
September 4, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I've been reading as much as I can on getting my Ceton ETH to work with MediaPortal so I can finally upgrade all my PCs to Windows 10. I managed to get MediaPortal working for live TV on my Windows 8 PC that has WMC. So with that I tried doing the same on my Windows 10 laptop (besides configuring WMC of course). The Ceton diagnostics shows errors because WMC isn't installed, but the InfiniTV drivers are all up to date. I got through all of the steps up to scanning for channels. When scanning for channels I originally saw the signal locked error so I went through all of my Windows firewall settings trying to let everything through (even though I just turned off my firewall before I even started). This seemed to do something, especially after running the cmd lines you gave in another thread regarding firewalls. Now I don't see the signal locked error, but I'm still getting 0 channels found. Any thoughts mm1352000?

Thanks in advance for the help,

I really hope I can get this working because, as I'm sure you know, you're the only hope for Win10, ceton card users.

Shane

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

shane041

Portal Member
    September 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Hello an d welcome Shane :)

Any thoughts mm1352000?

In particular, make sure you install the patch that is mentioned in the first "update" section. I can't be sure that you haven't already installed it... but it sure looks like there's a good chance you haven't.

Regards,
    mm

I did install that patch :/ I also installed TVlibrary from here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/no-channels-found-ceton-comcast.124274/

EDIT:
    Gave the patch another shot still got this

0 for 0.png

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I did install that patch :/
    Hmmm :unsure:

It doesn't look like you need that, though your OOB signal level does seem very low. I don't think this patch would cause problems, however I'd prefer that you roll back to the original MP 1.12 TVLibrary.dll just in case.

What I'm seeing is that when TV Server requests the lineup information from the tuner/CableCARD, the tuner seems to disconnect:
    [collapse]
    [2015-09-03 19:00:50,674] [Log ] [7 ] [INFO ] - DRI CC: scan, sub channel ID 0
    [2015-09-03 19:00:50,674] [Log ] [7 ] [DEBUG] - existing subchannel 0
    [2015-09-03 19:00:50,690] [Log ] [7 ] [DEBUG] - DRI CC: check OOB tuner lock...
    [2015-09-03 19:00:50,753] [Log ] [7 ] [DEBUG] - carrier lock = True
    [2015-09-03 19:00:50,768] [Log ] [7 ] [DEBUG] - frequency = 75500 kHz
    [2015-09-03 19:00:50,862] [Log ] [7 ] [DEBUG] - signal level = -15.3 dBmV
    [2015-09-03 19:00:50,956] [Log ] [7 ] [DEBUG] - SNR = 35.7 dB
    [2015-09-03 19:00:51,034] [Log ] [9 ] [DEBUG] - DRI CC: scan stage = NotScanning, PID = 0x1ffc, table ID = 0xc5, size = 16
    [2015-09-03 19:01:25,428] [Log ] [5 ] [INFO ] - UPnP device Ceton InfiniTV Ethernet (00-80-99-a3) removed[/collapse]

From this I might guess that there are network issues involved. So, can you please tell me about your network.
    Do you have any power line or wireless links between the PC that TV Server is installed on and the tuner?
    What network security software (firewalls etc.) do you run, and are they active for your latest scan attempts?

shane041

Portal Member
    September 4, 2015
    Home Country
    So the only security software I use is Windows Defender and firewall. No 3rd party. I have it completely turned off and even have windows allow TVserver, etc. through even though it's off. I use an Almond + router for wireless. My Windows 8 PC is hardwired and my windows 10 PC is wireless. That was one of my first guesses too so I hardwired my laptop, but that didn't help either. As soon as I turned off the firewall on my Win8 PC TVServer worked perfectly just like you said in the original guide. No such luck with the laptop. I don't see any firewall settings on my Almond + router, though I could be missing something.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm. Honestly I'm a bit stumped. This is a very unusual problem.

So the log files you've provided are from your W10 desktop, right?
    Would it be possible to post the log files from the W10 laptop with a wired connection, just in case that gives us some clues?

shane041

Portal Member
    September 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Hmmm. Honestly I'm a bit stumped. This is a very unusual problem.

So the log files you've provided are from your W10 desktop, right?
    Would it be possible to post the log files from the W10 laptop with a wired connection, just in case that gives us some clues?

The logs were from my W10 Laptop that was on WiFi. The Win8 desktop has worked from the beginning. I'm hoping it's not a windows 10 thing :/ My laptop can dual boot win8 and 10 so maybe I can try Win8 over wifi to see if that does anything. Here are the logs from Win10 Laptop over eth.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So to be clear: do you have a PC and a laptop running W10? ...both with the same problem? Or is it just 1 W8 PC and 1 W8/W10 dual-booting laptop?

The lineup information is sent over the network using UDP, which is not a "reliable" protocol. The packets can be dropped in certain circumstances.
    So, is there any reason that the network would be heavily loaded?

shane041

Portal Member
    September 4, 2015
    Home Country
    So to be clear: do you have a PC and a laptop running W10? ...both with the same problem? Or is it just 1 W8 PC and 1 W8/W10 dual-booting laptop?

The lineup information is sent over the network using UDP, which is not a "reliable" protocol. The packets can be dropped in certain circumstances.
    So, is there any reason that the network would be heavily loaded?

The later. I wanted to dual boot my laptop to find a reliable live tv solution for windows 10 since WMC is dead. I'm not going to upgrade my main PC until I figure this out. My network shouldn't be under any sort of heavy load at all. I have a gigabit network so it should be fine. Like I said WMC works perfect on both win8 laptop and pc. I'm trying to install MP on my Win8 laptop now.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, thanks for the clarification.

It will be interesting to hear what your results are with W8 on the laptop.

Another thing you could do that would give additional info is to install Wireshark on the laptop, and capture a dump of the traffic during scanning. That should tell us if the lineup information is actually making it to the laptop (=> information lost somewhere between the network interface and TV Server) or not (=> information lost somewhere in the network, or more likely not sent at all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom