MediaPortal for Ceton ETH on Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

shane041

Portal Member
September 4, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay, thanks for the clarification.

It will be interesting to hear what your results are with W8 on the laptop.

Another thing you could do that would give additional info is to install Wireshark on the laptop, and capture a dump of the traffic during scanning. That should tell us if the lineup information is actually making it to the laptop (=> information lost somewhere between the network interface and TV Server) or not (=> information lost somewhere in the network, or more likely not sent at all).
I'll be sure to update with the results. Any thoughts on why it would make it to my PC and not my laptop? Is it more likely to be a Win8/Win10 issue than an issue between the two comps? It worked really well on my main PC. My other thought was I was missing something in the firewall for Win10. They made it quite different. I thought about paging a guy from another post on here that said he got it working on Win10

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any thoughts on why it would make it to my PC and not my laptop?
    Well, currently I'm not making any assumptions about if the info is making it to the laptop or not. The Wireshark dump would reveal that.
    If it turns out that the info is not making it to the laptop, I'd have no idea why that would be the case and in your position I'd be contacting Ceton for support.

Is it more likely to be a Win8/Win10 issue than an issue between the two comps?
    I'm not aware of any issues with W10 that would cause such a difference. I'd be more inclined to believe the problem is unrelated to W10...

shane041

Portal Member
    September 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Any thoughts on why it would make it to my PC and not my laptop?

Is it more likely to be a Win8/Win10 issue than an issue between the two comps?
    I'm not aware of any issues with W10 that would cause such a difference. I'd be more inclined to believe the problem is unrelated to W10...

It's looking like it is an issue with the laptop. No dice on Laptop Win8. Logs attached. Next step I'm going to create a VM Windows 10 on my server and see what happens. Thanks for all the support by the way.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is sooo bizarre! :(

The W8 log files appear to be much the same as the W10 log files.

Can you please do 2 things for me, just to confirm assumptions:
    1. Reboot the tuner, restart the TV Server on the laptop, and try to scan again. Key: I would like to see if rebooting the tuner makes any difference.
    2. Scan again on the working W8 PC. Key: I would like to confirm that scanning still works there.

shane041

Portal Member
    September 4, 2015
    Home Country
    This is sooo bizarre! :(

The W8 log files appear to be much the same as the W10 log files.

Can you please do 2 things for me, just to confirm assumptions:
    1. Reboot the tuner, restart the TV Server on the laptop, and try to scan again. Key: I would like to see if rebooting the tuner makes any difference.
    2. Scan again on the working W8 PC. Key: I would like to confirm that scanning still works there.

Why????? After unplugging and restarting the Ceton ETH, now EVERYTHING works! The PC, the laptop on both Win8 and Win10... The only thing I saw was the Win10 Laptop received less channels than the Windows 8 machines ~200 compared to ~500 and they are all listed as "Unknown" as opposed to having names. But I can live with that since they worked when trying to play them anyway! Attaching all my logs for your reference and in case you think you can figure out the channel thing.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Shane041 Log Laptop Win8 Working.rar
      71 KB
    • shane041 Log Win8 PC.rar
      202.2 KB

shane041

Portal Member
    September 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Just thought I'd update. Installed W10 on my main PC. Everything is working great. Thank you for the help

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Why????? After unplugging and restarting the Ceton ETH, now EVERYTHING works!
    (face-palm)
    Argh, problems like that are so frustrating!
    I guess the tuner somehow got itself in a tiz?

The only thing I saw was the Win10 Laptop received less channels than the Windows 8 machines ~200 compared to ~500 and they are all listed as "Unknown" as opposed to having names.
    Probably only because the SDT/VCT timeout wasn't set high enough. Easy to fix. :)

shane041

Portal Member
    September 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Why????? After unplugging and restarting the Ceton ETH, now EVERYTHING works!
    (face-palm)
    Argh, problems like that are so frustrating!
    I guess the tuner somehow got itself in a tiz?
    Maybe... I will say to anyone else thinking of doing this, after setting up the tv server on Windows 8, it just works immediately on Win10. Fantastic stuff.

The only thing I saw was the Win10 Laptop received less channels than the Windows 8 machines ~200 compared to ~500 and they are all listed as "Unknown" as opposed to having names.
    Probably only because the SDT/VCT timeout wasn't set high enough. Easy to fix. :)

Ah I may have forgot that in one of my 5 times setting it up :/ thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom