Mediaportal hangs/crashes on startup while loading display plugins (1 Viewer)

VIXUN

Portal Pro
October 10, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 final
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
CPU Type: AMD X2 240e
HDD: OS: 32 GB Mtron Mobi 3525 SSD, Daten: 1 TB WD Caviar Green
Memory: 4 GB DDR2 RAM
Motherboard: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD5450
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.7
Sound Card: VIA® VT1708S onboard
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver: Realtek HD Audio
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: BDA
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Kabel Deutschland
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote Black
Cooling: Scythe BIG Shuriken
Power Supply: Enermaxx Liberty 350 W
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
TV: Samsung LE 40 B750 UPZX
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi everyone

Since a couple of days I am facing a strange problem while starting mediaportal and I am short from throwing my HTPC out of the window :mad:

The problem is, that everytime i start mediaportal it gets stuck/crashes while loading the display plugin (at least it says so in German). I have already done a search here in the forum but any solution (delay the startup by 30 seconds, use an aero splash screen on the desktop, delete ccc.exe from auto start etc.) to a problem similar to mine did not work.

As I have no clue what to do else I hope someone here can help me. I've attached all logfiles the watchdog created after the last crash.
As further explanation I can say that I already uninstalled everything related to mediaportal (mediaportal, tvserver, saf codec and skin) and that I am now using the basic single seat installation wihtout any addons, plugins or else. I even disabled all plugins (wiki, sudoku and so one) in order to find the mistake.

Thx for your help guys, I'm counting on you!!!!

MarioHTPC

August 14, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
HI

I have the same proplem ' Starting plugins...' frozen.

I install mediaportal client on a old pentium 4 1.8 ghz CompacQ evo with windows xp

I try to install Steamed mp and no change

I will uninstall aand try again.

Do you find how to correct this problem.
Thanks

CPergler

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello. Tried to upgrade to MP1.1 and I have the exact same Problem! In my case I clould narrow it down to these conditions:

1) It only occurs on a TV client - when I start MP on the server itself it starts normally.
2) On the client it only occurs when the TV plugin is enabled. (So its likely to have something to do the with the connection to the TV server, which is strange because once MP has startet - without TV plugin - I have no trouble accessing all content located on the TV server)
3) When I start MP on the client with TV plugin active (and yes, I have configured the correct IP Address of the server), then kill the MP process with taskmanager when it hangs at the splash screen, and start it a second time IT WORKS - until the next reboot of the client.

Both my machines (Server and Client) are Vista SP2 now with Core2 CPU, 2GB RAM and ATI HD4350 graphics card. On the server I use 2 FireDTV S2 Receivers. No Firewall and no AV active so far.

Will keep you updated...

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is usually because it cannot find the TV Server. If you let it sit long enough it usually times out and gives you an error and then lets you continue.

CPergler

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Very interesting... It works now. No idea why - I changed NOTHING. Could it be that right after the setup of the TV server it is very busy with grabbing EPG data (in my case for a whole bunch of DVB-S channels)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom