MediaPortal hangs when playing recorded tv (1 Viewer)

Chris.walker01

April 14, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I have had a bit of a search on this forum but have been unable to find a solution. I have recently installed MediaPortal and it is great, except for one thing. It hangs indefinitely when I attempt to watch recorded tv shows.

Recently I left it for 20 mins before forcing MP to close using ctrl-alt-del.

The shows are recorded with out a problem and they play in Windows Media Player.

I have attached some logs. If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

Chris.walker01

April 14, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried a few different options including both the LAV and FFDShow codecs. I have also tried:
- ticking the 'automatic decoder selection' box
- ticking the 'Use Video Codec when playing .ts files' in the video codec section.

I get the same result with all attempts.

I have also discovered I am also unable to watch live tv (I normally record and watch later so hadn't noticed). When I select either live TV or a recorded program it halts and is stuck at the menu.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
i posted the link to wiki where you should set codecs for TV section. Same codecs will be used for recordings (basically for all *.TS files).
So i just repeat my previous question: what codecs have you set THERE (not in video section!)?
What hardware (CPU, chipse and GPU are relevant) do you use? Please fill in your system specs as described here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/1_System_Specs

Chris.walker01

April 14, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Sorry about that, I didn't notice the link. I have now added the system to my profile. I have also attached a screenshot of the TV Codecs tab. The system profile only allowed me to enter the video codecs.[DOUBLEPOST=1397479389][/DOUBLEPOST]I have also tried using the DirectSound codec for the audio, but had the same result.

Attachments

• TV Codecs.PNG
    TV Codecs.PNG
    15.1 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread