MediaPortal installation stop my Xbox 360 playing video and audio from my pc (1 Viewer)

mattv

Portal Member
May 24, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Okay, can you please just confirm where the utils.dll file goes? is it C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal or somewhere else? Does the util.patch file have to go there as well?

Also does it matter where in the mediaportal.xml file the extra 3 lines get added?

For tvserver do I just run the .exe file?

Sorry if I am being really ignorant but as I say I am only new to this.

iosub

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
San Sebastian
utils.dll must go to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
and you have to edit C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mediaportal.xml just after <profile>

hope this helps

mattv

Portal Member
May 24, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ok have given it a go but does not seem to make any difference. Still can't view files on my xbox 360. Made the mods to MP. Got the setting in TV Server Config and unticked MCE STOP. Restarted everything but no joy. Anything else you might suggest I try?

npar007

August 9, 2008
I have a similar problem.

I have two tuner cards one that drives Vista Media Center and two extenders and one that uses mediaportal for DVB-T freeviewHD. Problem is that Mediaportal disables "Windows Media Center Launcher" service. I have tried the steps discribed above and they haven't worked for me either. In fact I'm not seeing the "MCE STOP" option after replacing the utils.dll and editing the mediaportal.xml file as described above.

Can enyone else suggest how to get MP and MCE Extenders running on the same machine from seperate tuner cards?

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version:
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: