MediaPortal is still the best! (At least as far as I know...) (1 Viewer)

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi everybody,

after 15+ years of using MediaPortal, I gave Kodi with an VDR backend a try as I wanted to switch from Windows backend to Linux. I have humbly returned to MediaPortal. I got VDR working alright after some fiddling, but my wife was very unhappy with Kodi as a frontend, and I have to admit that I too think that MediaPortal is easier to use as a frontend. Setup also works out of the box, especially timeshift.

I find it unfair that media coverage on Kodi seems to be so much more prominent lately. I hope that MediaPortal gets the attention it deserves. A big thank you to all contributors, and keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Astronaut

Patrik-See

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I find the interface and operation of Media Portal especially 1 worlds better than Kodi.
    It's much easier to set up everything.

Interestingly, a buddy and I once installed 2 PCs and connected them to 2 TVs and showed them to several buddies who didn't know either.
    They knew Kodi from the media. But they all voted unanimously for MediaPortal 1.

-----------

Ich finde die Oberfläche und Bedienung bei Media Portal speziell 1 um Welten besser statt wie bei Kodi.
    Alleine um alles einzurichten ist das viel übersichtlicher.

Interesant ist, ein Kumpel und ich haben mal 2 PC installiert und mit 2 Fernsehern angeschlossen und gleichzeit mehreren Kumpels gezeigt die beides nicht kannten.
    Kodi kannten sie aus den Medien. Aber sie haben alle Einstimmig für MediaPortal 1 gestimmt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi again, It seems that I got rid of the stutter. What has helped (once again, as this solved similar issues in the past, if I remember correctly) was to set the TV Client folders for recordings and for timeshifting to a UNC path. Changing the path on the TVServer was not straighforward, as I wanted to write to a network share (I...
    Hi again, It seems that I got rid of the stutter. What has helped (once again, as this solved similar issues in the past, if I...
    Hi everybody, after recently setting up a Xen hypervisor with MediaPortal 1 TV Backend on Windows Server 2012 as a virtual machine...
    Replies
    Views
    MediaPortal Version: Latest SVN MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP most current compatible with beta. Windows Version: Vista x64 CPU Type: c2d 2.8ghz HDD: 500gb Seagate Memory: 3GB PC 5300 Motherboard: ASUS P5K-C Video Card: Nvidia 7300 GS HDMI Video Card Driver: Nivida most current WHQL Sound Card: onboard with SPDIF out 1. TV...
    MediaPortal Version: Latest SVN MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP most current compatible with beta. Windows Version: Vista x64 CPU...
    MediaPortal Version: Latest SVN MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP most current compatible with beta. Windows Version: Vista x64 CPU...
    Replies
    Views
    Mediaportal RC2 – my move away from VISTA Mediacenter after the TV Pack disaster (only for OEM´s) Fotostory to be found in the PDF Attachment !!! Dear community, I´d like to share some of my experiences with you by explaining my move away from Vista Mediacenter (VMC) towards Mediaportal RC2 for the ones currently asking...
    Mediaportal RC2 – my move away from VISTA Mediacenter after the TV Pack disaster (only for OEM´s) Fotostory to be found in the...
    Mediaportal RC2 – my move away from VISTA Mediacenter after the TV Pack disaster (only for OEM´s) Fotostory to be found in the...
    Replies
    Views
    About 6 months ago, I first started getting interested in using a HTPC app for watching TV (specifically for timeshifting and programable recording etc functionality). Ive been a long time user of Frodos previously excellent work in Xbox MediaCentre and have always been extremely impressed with the functionality and stability of that...
    About 6 months ago, I first started getting interested in using a HTPC app for watching TV (specifically for timeshifting and...
    About 6 months ago, I first started getting interested in using a HTPC app for watching TV (specifically for timeshifting and...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, many thanks for this nice and enlightenment report. :) It is always helpfull to hear the points and problems were "newbees" are struggling. If you are using MP daily since the early days you might loose the view for such details. Keep up reporting how DVD and movies are working. Flip.
    Hi, many thanks for this nice and enlightenment report. :) It is always helpfull to hear the points and problems were...
    I am a complete newbie on everything that has to do with HTPC's. A couple of months ago I bought a TV-tuner on impulse (Terratec...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom