MediaPortal is still the best! (At least as far as I know...) (1 Viewer)

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everybody,

after 15+ years of using MediaPortal, I gave Kodi with an VDR backend a try as I wanted to switch from Windows backend to Linux. I have humbly returned to MediaPortal. I got VDR working alright after some fiddling, but my wife was very unhappy with Kodi as a frontend, and I have to admit that I too think that MediaPortal is easier to use as a frontend. Setup also works out of the box, especially timeshift.

I find it unfair that media coverage on Kodi seems to be so much more prominent lately. I hope that MediaPortal gets the attention it deserves. A big thank you to all contributors, and keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Astronaut

Patrik-See

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I find the interface and operation of Media Portal especially 1 worlds better than Kodi.
    It's much easier to set up everything.

Interestingly, a buddy and I once installed 2 PCs and connected them to 2 TVs and showed them to several buddies who didn't know either.
    They knew Kodi from the media. But they all voted unanimously for MediaPortal 1.

-----------

Ich finde die Oberfläche und Bedienung bei Media Portal speziell 1 um Welten besser statt wie bei Kodi.
    Alleine um alles einzurichten ist das viel übersichtlicher.

Interesant ist, ein Kumpel und ich haben mal 2 PC installiert und mit 2 Fernsehern angeschlossen und gleichzeit mehreren Kumpels gezeigt die beides nicht kannten.
    Kodi kannten sie aus den Medien. Aber sie haben alle Einstimmig für MediaPortal 1 gestimmt.

Megalocade

May 4, 2023
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Old post I know but i used mediaportal back in 2012 to record the Queens Jubilee using a usb freeview dongle, was really impressed by it features, for some reason i stopped using my usbtv and recording live tv i guess life got in the way so didn't bother again until now, i just bought a TBS6920 pcie card for my new pc build so i could see if i could get freesat to work to record the Kings Coronation the bundled software was a bit useless and then i remembered MP i used a few years back, it all installed great and freesat is working like a charm lol i thought being a satellite card it would be a nightmare to set up lucky i have quad output lmb and a spare cable coming off it so used that to hook to my pc and setup was a breeze, Mp has come on leaps and bounds since i last used it, much more impressive, i watch a lot of news programs and other talk shows but some are on when I'm at work and always seem to miss them so have now set schedule record for them, this is a much better waycthan using the TV to record it as it encrypts the recording and can only stay in the tv usb plus the quality is a bit naff and I'm limited on disk space, at least with mp you can archive your recordings to blurays if you wish, i have a 2tb hdd to hold all my recordings, mediaportal is still the best out there and glad its still around and being updated so a big thanks to the team behind it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom