MediaPortal/MP Configuration crashes after update (1 Viewer)

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I updated my MP 1.2 stable single-seat-setup to 1.21 pr yesterday. I remember that I waited for a long time that the installer finishes the update when i recognized that there was an out-of-focus message-box saying something about "file not found". after clicking it away, the system restarted some moments later, and i dont know why.

In the eventlog i found an entry about this saying that tvserver initiated the reboot. There was no evententry indicating a crash of windows/blue screen. I dont have the detailed eventlog entry anymore because of watchdog cropped my logs. (is there a backup?)​

After that I was not able to start MP or MP-Config. It seems to crash that early, that even MP logging didn't start. An update-reinstallation doesnt fix it either. I did not try a clean installation until now.

This system, with that particular OS installation is running since 2014 and only got updated with stable updates every now an then and i never experienced a problem like this.

Is that a "special" problem only in my setup or a potential error for many upgrading users of 1.2 stable? Can I do something to get it running by keeping my config/plugins?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_25_10_18__10_36.zip
      65.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Try to setup it again and disable your anti-virus :)
    Sometimes not all files get copied the first time, weird but can happen lol

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you Sebastiii, I tried what you mentioned but it didnt work either. But i just recognized that mp setup is not trying to reinstall the MP client. It looks like it doesnt detect that it is installed. So I tried the third option of the installer: fresh install.
    Thats the point where i run into the "file not found"-error again mentioned in my first post. Actually it says "Invalid File Handle 32" as you can see in the first screenshot.
    So manually removed my mp-client dir and reinstalled it but with the same result.
    after that I used the "download files" option from the installer to run package-mediaportal.exe seperatly so i could see that setup fails when its installing some fonts to the windows dir! (see 2nd screenshot below)

I think i mixed things up a bit. I am getting the error message everytime i try to reinstall, but mp is now working! so it seems that there were two separate problems?!

nevertheless we can handle my issues as solved, because i dont see any problems with the failing setup anymore. If you want me to investigate it further because it could be a general issue, please let me know.

cheers

Attachments

• mperror2018-10-25.png
      mperror2018-10-25.png
      82.6 KB
    • mperror2018-10-25-2.png
      mperror2018-10-25-2.png
      20.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep invalid file 32 is when font is not copied because already there or blocked and can't be overwritten.
    In final good that you have MP working again :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom