Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: MediaPortal in the Press

erik070 & jacremer - Yes! Awesome review and comparison!!! Now that is what I call a real review! Many thanks. I don't speak Dutch :p but Google Translate gave me this (from MediaPortal 2/2)
    "Almost mandatory for a media center with television aspirations is the presence of recording functionality and time shifting, and MediaPortal succeeds with flying colors. If multiple tuners are installed, it can easily record one program while looking for another channel. Furthermore, images are converted to other video formats, it warns on conflict in the recording schedule and on a PC with appropriate hardware it can wake from sleep mode for a recording."
    I thought that quote was worth adding to our Reviews page (as well as the quote you provided erik070 - thank you!). Can you just double check the translation for me? I have no clue how accurate it is.

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

@erik070 & jacremer - Yes! Awesome review and comparison!!! Now that is what I call a real review! Many thanks. I don't speak Dutch :p but Google Translate gave me this (from MediaPortal 2/2)
    "Almost mandatory for a media center with television aspirations is the presence of recording functionality and time shifting, and MediaPortal succeeds with flying colors. If multiple tuners are installed, it can easily record one program while looking for another channel. Furthermore, images are converted to other video formats, it warns on conflict in the recording schedule and on a PC with appropriate hardware it can wake from sleep mode for a recording."
    I thought that quote was worth adding to our Reviews page (as well as the quote you provided erik070 - thank you!). Can you just double check the translation for me? I have no clue how accurate it is.

Hi Dadeo

I'm Dutch and there are a couple of small changes I would make to the translation. They are highlighted in bold:

Almost mandatory for a media center with television aspirations is the presence of recording functionality and time shifting, and MediaPortal succeeds with flying colors. If multiple tuners are installed, it can easily record one program while viewing another channel. Furthermore, recordings can be converted to other video formats, it warns on conflicts in the recording schedule and it can wake a PC with appropriate hardware from sleep mode to start a recording."

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

many thanks AgeOfPanic - that reads much better - and I could not figure out why it said it converted images :p so I was pretty sure that was wrong!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

Hi guys :)

recordings can be converted to other video formats
    Am I right that MP does not have this functionality built in and working for all cases?

If so, should we have that sentence? I know we are quoting someone else but just wondering.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi guys :)

recordings can be converted to other video formats
    Am I right that MP does not have this functionality built in and working for all cases?

If so, should we have that sentence? I know we are quoting someone else but just wondering.

Sorry I forgot to respond rekeanaar. Yes that is no longer supported as you can just play .ts file recordings. I commented it out of the review with a ... which is allowed :D

I really wonder why this thread is here. I would have looked for it under General Forums where our News releases are posted and also where we talk about what we put on our Website (i.e. Press Reviews in this case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom