Mediaportal Standby prevented by Mediaportal system/ active ports (1 Viewer)

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi All,
I use now Mediaportal for years with more less no problems. Beginning with 1.21 from time to time MP will not fall into sleep anymore e.g. after a recording and a backup with my server. I did not find the reasn so far. In the power scheduler Windows is set to handle the standby. What I see here in the setting is that the standyb is prevented by Mediaportal client?! When I close down the client the prevent message is gone. Since 1.22 now totally new is the message prevented by Active Ports?! even after a toatlly new start of the PC the message remaines the same?!

Has anybody a solution for this or made same experience?

Thanks

JuRo

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Owlsroost,

thanks for you response. I saw this direct in the power scheduler plugin in the TV Server under standby prevented. powercfg /requests says that the system and then the tv server accplication itsself avoids standby.

I will check this

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please see scree here: active Ports

upload_2019-5-3_11-41-26.png

upload_2019-5-3_11-42-8.png

upload_2019-5-3_11-44-49.png

And what I have to do now?

I never had this message Active ports? Is there anything to set up where I Can exclude this port listening?
    Thanks!

Whatever setting I do in the power scheduler plugin. The message standby prevented by active ports remains the same

Last edited:

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I set up all the related stuff ere in the links no change :-(

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I never had this message Active ports? Is there anything to set up where I Can exclude this port listening?

No, not at present.

From the 'netstat -a' list you posted, the PC is listening for an RDP (remote desktop protocol) connection - try disabling 'Remote Desktop' in Win 10 settings (Settings -> System -> Remote Desktop):

upload_2019-5-3_12-33-16.png

upload_2019-5-3_12-30-0.png

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks!
    ahh I will try, ok from time to time I connect to my 2 Servers via RDP. Maybe I just closed to RDP connection and did not closed the RDP connetion in the right way. But again never had this before over years. Do I have to disable this and can I enable this later again ?

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi, I deactivated the RDP. Problem solver ! Thanks!

But now I cann not acces my computer anymore Rdp. Any clue why this happens now after years without a problem.?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Any clue why this happens now after years without a problem.?

No - the PowerScheduler code hasn't changed since November 2015 (when the RDP and VNC port monitoring was added). This was probably in MP 1.16.

Attached is a modified PowerScheduler.dll (for MP 1.22) with the RDP port monitoring disabled, which should allow RDP to be enabled/active without it preventing sleep.

To install, stop TVService, copy the new dll into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins and start TVService.

Attachments

• PowerScheduler_noRDPdetect_1.zip
      47.5 KB

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI Owlsroost,

thanks for that. I would appriciate if this could be configured via the user interface. On my server I use lights out for power management. Here almost everything can be configured.
    upload_2019-5-5_18-21-36.png

Any chance to implement this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom