MediaPortal start-up problem, empty window, crash when exit (1 Viewer)

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    MediaPortal Version: 2.0.3.0 RC2 & RC3
    MediaPortal Skin: default
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2 and/or Vista

MediaPortal start-up problem (empty main window, only showing toolbars and crash when File-->Exit) and possible fix explained with details in here (but I got no replies from there).

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    As far as I can see (searching this forum) this problem does exist since version 0.2.2.0 by confirmation of the bug from several users...
    Please, look at my analysis (link on the above post) and make these people happy...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i have forwarded your bugreport to the developers and created a bugreport in matis.
    seems to be a localization problem.

:D

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Thank you for your response...

It is not a difficult bug to address as I mentioned in my report... Since all the filenames are converted to lowercase in the code, renaming all skin files and any references to them in the skins to lower case (or forcing skin makers to do so as a requirement) would also do the trick. But this would be harder to manage and impossible to predict if the skin makers are following this or not... That's why I recommended switching the methods controlling the filenames : .ToLower() --> .ToLowerInvariant() I'm also interested in what solution you guys will provide to this problem (to widen my perspective if your solution will be different than mine)

Hope to see the fix soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom