MediaPortal Support (new version 2005-11-20) (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Zyphrax - Issue with Support tool on one of my computers.

I have posted in another thread (didn't bother to look for this thread I am sorry to say) the info regarding my problem there.

But in a nutshell this support tool does not work on this computer. It just shows the initial screen and then has nothing in the drop down list and if I select any of the radio buttons and press next I get a dialog box with nothing in it except OK and the title of the box that says missing info. I have d/l the program a couple of times and that has not changed anything.

Machine info:
    Dell OptiPlex GX270
    P4-2.6Ghz
    512M RAM
    XP Pro - Service Pack 2
    Video - Integrated Intel 82865G
    DirectX - 9.0c - all tests passed with DirectX diag tool

I have run MP-RC3 (no CVS) on this machine with no troubles. It does not have a tuner card but that is ok for the purpose I am using it for. My question is why the support tool won't properly work on this computer?

Mike

HenriM

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2004
    Rijsbergen, The Netherlands
    Zyphrax I found a little bug with your 'MediaPortal Support.exe' tool. When I run it from a mapped network drive (e.g. R: ) I get the next error dialog-box and the program crashes.

[Mediaportal Support.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services [x]]

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
    Process id =0x82c (2092), Thread id=0xf08 (3848)

However when I copy the executable to a regular harddisk on my system (e.g. C: ) the tool works as expected. This is just a minor issue, but I thought it's good to report it here anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom