MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

Portal Member
January 31, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Hey guys,

I have a reproducable problem with this build: Switching between certain HD channels lets MP crash.
My setup:
Win7 64
CoreAVC 2.0 codec
Skystar HD2 DVBS2 card
Astra 19.2

Steps to reproduce:
Start MP, enter TV on an SD channel, switch to "Das Erste HD", then to "Servus TV HD".

Had issues with switching between HD channels with the previous builds also, so this may not be a new problem. The behavior was not that clear, however.

Thanks for this great software!

CU,
Sepp.

I have the same problem.

Win 7 32
CoreAVC 2.0
FireDTV DVB-C (Driver 5.7)
Nvidia 9500 GT (Driver 195.62)

Logs attached.
SD channel - HD (DR HD Danish) - National Geo HD

:D

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

hey guys,

have the weekend for myself and guess... Before: some unused hardware; After: MP test machine ;)

It's the old hardware of an 1.0.2 installation.

Tested this new SVN and have trouble with HD files. I use the MPC and/or the PDVD9 codec for h264 and other HD contents. Everyhting worked fine before (MP 1.0.2). But if I now start the HD files, I get many stucks and it won't run fluently.
    Playing the same files in graphedit/windows media player/MP1.0.2 with the same codecs, it runs smooth. In the logs, the file is started from a networkshare, but I promise, that I tried this also from the local harddrive.

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

This build works really good!!

Found one small issue though - after starting TV I can not start a recorded show. If I stop TV and then start it its Ok.

log attached

thx!
    /tompa

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Ok, this issue has been with MP a very long time and I hope that this could bring some light into the issue since this is the only reason I turned to the dark side of MD***. I tried different OSs, drivers, firmwares and different CA modules. They all show the same behaviour. I got 2 floppydtvs and they both drop the CAM.

The problem has got an ugly workaround and that is to have CI.exe from DE running in the background. This is by far no solution and other issues comes into play when using it. The time MP has a connection with the CAM varies from time to time but mostly it's just seconds for me. Pulling the CAM out and reinserting it solves the issue for the moment but after just a few seconds it's back again. Previewing channels in tvsetup after making sure the CI menu (in tvsetup) is accessible is no problem at all for a short period of time. After that, the CI menu is inaccessible.

This is just a few threads with people experiencing this with floppydtv cards:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rver-90/flopptdtv-loses-connection-cam-70120/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...annels-sometimes-working-sometimes-not-71653/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tostartgraph-after-tuning-scrambled-ch-46600/

So to help with this issue here's some logs, don't let the tv.log confuse you with the initial detection of MD***. That is a leftover from the past and is now properly uninstalled.

Please please help or let me help you more :(

Edit: New CAM did the trick.

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

No, no, that was exactly what I meant. And while you're absolutely right regarding installing plugins (don't know why I didn't think of this, having done it this way many times myself), the matter still remains for updating/uninstalling plugins. At least if I don't miss anything again.

Surely the proposed button wouldn't be the most important thing that could happen to MediaPortal, but to me it still looks like a small improvement. ;-)

Please provide a patch that fixes all bugs and plugin handling might be added again to config tool. Reason for removing is that uninstall and update was not working at all and we should promote this new installer tool to be used for plugin handling.

He's not asking for the plugins page to be added back in. Only for there to be a button that externally launches the MPE installer/uninstaller utility. I'd like to see this as well. As long as the MPE utility remains in a state of flux, a button to launch it makes sense.

Since the config util gets a desktop icon, it makes it an easier way of accessing the uninstaller util without having to access the start menu. When at a desk (with a proper mouse) it makes no difference, but on my couch, the desktop icon would give easy access if the button were implemented.

Meatwad

Portal Member
    March 28, 2009

I'm having issues with my HDHomeRun being detected as a DVB-C tuner and I'm unable to put it in ATSC mode.

Laban

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2007
    Luleå
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

The HD channels are still not working properly for me. Had this problem for quite some time, probably for the last year or so. The first try with a HD channel, this build, resulted in a black screen, sound worked. Switched channel, still a back screen. Switched to a SD channel, still a black screen. Back to a hd channel, turned off/on tv, got a picture. Switched channel a couple of times, got a green screen, garbled (multiple colours) then a lockup where i had to turn off/on tv again. I've tried with the latest Core AVC and a couple of months old build of ffdshow. Same problem. Everything works fine when using SD channels only although fast channel switches can cause problems there too but it's not that common. My children has misplaced my wireless mouse so it's a bit of a pain in the.. to get some logs to attach here but there seem to be other people here that have problems with the HD channels so perhaps it's the same issue.

Then there's the stuttering issue (= dropped frames). I've mentioned that in this thread though:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...roblems-dropping-frames-evr-74360/index4.html

Zeee

September 4, 2007
    Osijek
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

With this svn i have problems with one dvb-s card. I have profred 7300 and kworld dvb-s 100 i my server.
    Profred can tune and it's working fine but kworld cannot tune channel. Until this svn both cards are working perfectly without any problems. Here is part of the log with this svn:

Greetings...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom